Several save profiles

MartyTheGamer

I'm not a patient person and I kamikaze'd after 20 days because I wanted the thrill of the early game again.

I'm on day 62 and so bored that I'm tempted to do this. My life consists of such a simple routine at this point, I've looted everything, I have a huge amount of resources, etc. All I do is wake up, chase a deer into a wolf, kill the wolf with my knife, bandage, go home, cook, boil water, eat, sleep, repeat. On my off days I repair stuff and gather firewood.

Please add it! I just want search bugs and dont broke my general save file!

That's why I suggested a set of "cheat" codes: to play with the bugs, and discover what triggers them. But I was told that it would have been detrimental to the very debugging process. Who am I to disagree? I'm just an amateur.

We now have difficulty levels. Multiple savings could be enabled on "Pilgrim" and "Voyageur", and disabled on "Stalker".

"Stalker" is about pain, not "let's try that out to see what happens". Pain and fear and loss and frustration. That's the meaning of "Stalker".

EDIT: For cheaters, good old save scumming seems to work just fine.

I don't want to see multiple saves per game or the ability to reload after dying. That's just not for The Long Dark IMHO. If this does get implemented, then only in Pilgrim please!

I would love to have multiple profiles, so I can run multiple games. It makes it possible to have multiple people playing on the same machine and it lets me try things out or just play around a bit in a separate game without ruining my main game.

I think that no one wishes to be able to save the current game and be able to load it when you die. Being not able to do that (well, ingame at least) is a huge part of what makes this game so intense in the first place.

But multiple profiles are really needed. Quite often I get an idea on what to try late in a playthrough, like climbing down the Ravine. Now I can only wait until I die in this playthrough or risk premature death because I wanted to "try" something.

+1

My daughter and I handle this right now by having to switch between Windows users. It's been working fairly well so far for that purpose, but having a separate save for each difficulty level would be awesome for experimenting or having a more casual session when I'm not in the mood to work on my long survival game.

Archived