How long do you stay in a map?

Vred

How long do you survive in a map before changing to another to find more resources? Do you plan it for every run? What usually makes you change maps?

I'm on a 20 day survival on mistery lake and i'm already thinking about going to coastal road because of the lack of sewing kits and I haven't found any bunker, I wish I could stay at least 30 days there. Found 3 rifles and almost 30 bullets though!

How long do you survive in a map before changing to another to find more resources? Do you plan it for every run? What usually makes you change maps?

I'm on a 20 day survival on mistery lake and i'm already thinking about going to coastal road because of the lack of sewing kits and I haven't found any bunker, I wish I could stay at least 30 days there. Found 3 rifles and almost 30 bullets though!

Don't forget - you can travel to the other map, pick up some supplies, and then bring them back to your home base on the first map. That's also a way to replenish food [meat] and custom clothes [deer, rabbit, wolf hides] supplies along the way as well 8-)

So just travel as you feel is needed. By crossing back and forth, it gives you some activity and also stretches supplies between both maps.

Don't forget - you can travel to the other map, pick up some supplies, and then bring them back to your home base on the first map. That's also a way to replenish food [meat] and custom clothes [deer, rabbit, wolf hides] supplies along the way as well 8-)

So just travel as you feel is needed. By crossing back and forth, it gives you some activity and also stretches supplies between both maps.

My record was 30+ days, had enough supplies to get the 40 and 50 days achievements but I was too greedy exploring even at night... last thing I saw was 4 green eyes. On this playtrough if I get that far i'll use your tip and go back to mistery lake to check if the wildlife is back.

In my current playthrough I'm on day 34 and still haven't left Mystery Lake (although it is picked clean, and I found the secret bunker). Currently surviving by ice fishing and rabbit snares as I ran out of ammo for my rifle about a week or two ago and I'm running low on matches so I'm probably heading to Coastal Highway soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Those quick little runs to the Coastal map tend to become death marches for me. Barely survived the last one with many wolf attacks and horrible weather. The suckers PATROL the route in and out and are all over the town site. I think the best bet is to prepare caches of wood, water and longer lasting food at key points like the trailer near the railroad at the top of the coastal map hill, and setting up a secondary base on one of the islands. Stay a few days, get your stuff together, break things down into cloth and spare metal, then make a dash up the hill and hope you can avoid a mauling.

I'm at 55 days on my current playthrough and Mystery Lake is pretty much 100% cleared, as is most of Coastal Highway except for the coastal townsite (so far I only looted the gas station).

My current base is on Jackrabbit Island and I crossed over from Mystery Lake (Camp Office base) around day 40 or so. I only have one rifle bullet left though so my days are numbered.

I spent 90+ days in Mystery lake, then headed over to the Coastal Highway to get more supplies. I still had 10 bullets but that's not important.

In Mystery lake, a flare will drive off a wolf, You hear a wolf before you are attacked. In Coastal Highway the wolves ignore flares, they ambush me with no warning, and I get attacked by wolves one after another with barely enough time to heal.

I like Stalker mode - they give you tons of ammo. I'm on day 46, and I've shot at least 20 rounds, and I have 35 rounds left. I started on Mystery Lake, looted the whole thing (including the bunker), with my camp set up at Trappers Homestead (because its good for the end game to be there).

I moved to Coastal Highway, spent ~20 days there, looted the entire map, and then spent over a week moving all my stuff back to Trapper's.

I discovered something interesting today, when fighting a wolf - if you build up strength using left click, you can right-click rapidly a bunch of times and that was enough in this case to make the wolf run away bleeding, and it only did 20% damage to me. Normally, I have to build up strength and click 2-3 times to beat a wolf, and I lose 40-50%.

Archived