Campfire Slots

Martin Prchal

This is mostly for the sake of convenience but it would be nice to have more cooking slots on campfires. Also would create a larger incentive to make campfires rather than cook indoors to avoid cabin fever, as they would have more slots than most indoor stoves.

Well, most stoves have 1 or 2 slots, campfires use less firewood for the same duration and can be lit with the lens, so outdoor cooking already has its advantages, apart from cabin fever. Massive stoves are rare. I usually simply light a couple of decently sheltered fires to have more slots. The lack of firewood is hardly ever an issue, if you don't totally firget about it.

A large campfire with many slot wouldn't be a campfire anymore. More like an outdoor country fair kitchen, you'd need to use many big rocks to form a wall around it, and maybe poles for hanging pots and spit roasting... great for parties, but it would be a mighty crafting project.

Guest kristaok

@Doc Feral You could make more Fires to Cook on sure, but sadly you cannot dismantle them - hopefully one day there's an option to do so. So with that being said I think it would be realistic to at least have up to 4 Slots in the Campfire. Maybe perhaps if there was an option to dismantle Campfires then more Slots wouldn't be needed? but then again I would rather have more Slots then more Fires for realism / immersions sake. 

Edited by kristaok

I'd rather just keep the two slots on each campfire, but have the ability to dismantle them.  The two-slot fires are a reasonable size; whereas a fire with more cooking slots would likely be larger and more difficult to place and I don't usually need the extra slots anyways.  If I really do need more cooking slots to cook up something like a bear or moose, I could then still just light multiple ones (like I do currently), but I'd be able to get rid of them afterwards.

I agree with @UpUpAway95, I made a wish list thread a little while back about requesting to be able to breakdown burned out campfires.  I think that keeping the cooking slots on campfires limited makes more sense from a gameplay stand point.  I mean if you can just plop down a 4 or 6 slot campfire... then it would devalue those precious 6 burner stoves.  Besides... two cooking slots are generally more than enough for your day-to-day needs.  Seems to me the only reason to use more than two slots is for batch processing water or trying to boost your cooking skill quickly (which is just as easy to do at a six burner stove... or as other's mentioned plopping multiple campfires in a cave someplace).

I don't really see a need for more cooking slots on a campfire.

Edited by ManicManiac