Mountaineer's Hut

hozz1235

19 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

How I stay warm in this place, I'll never know!  Door open, hole in the roof, blizzard blowing through...I love the place though!

I've been playing in TWM for the past 100 days or so on my current save and never realized the roof had a hole in it. LOL. I had no reason to look up until you mentioned it. Now that I see it, I feel like a total newb. Thanks ;) 

Guest kristaok
On 5/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, greatwhitegamer said:

......ok.

????

On 5/24/2019 at 9:08 PM, hozz1235 said:

How I stay warm in this place, I'll never know!  Door open, hole in the roof, blizzard blowing through...I love the place though!

Me too, it's definitely one of my Favorite places to live in.

5 hours ago, Blankshield said:

I really really (really) want the ability to take a cured hide and some scrap metal and stick a frakking patch over that hole.

Y'know I actually tried that once.  A couple years ago a happy accident led me to stumble onto a trick you can pull that the community has kind of dubbed the "cure in place" method.  Essentially, you take a hide (or anything) that's 99% cured, RMB to move it, and slide it around until it's in a location that you want it.  It can be a place you can't normally put objects, such as a wall or ceiling.  Then just take your hands off the controls and let the hide finish that last 1% of curing in real-time.  The moment the fresh hide becomes a cured hide, you lose your grip on it, and it remains where you had positioned it.  In this way you can wallpaper a house with hides, if you've got the patience to do so.

With the Mountaineer's Hut however, it seems that the region defined as "indoors" only extends a meter or two off the ground. When positioning a hide up by the hole, it never finished curing, indicating that the area towards the ceiling is treated as "outside".  So while this was probably not intended, the hole in the ceiling really is colder than elsewhere in the hut.

• Upvote 2