Rotate "Placed" Items

Willy Pete

Does anyone else get kinda annoyed when you want to place a jerry can in a particular spot in a particular way, but to do it you either need to right click it multiple times from different angles, or try to angle yourself to place it just right? I feel like any easy fix would be to rotate items with the scroll wheel (on PC, not sure how keybindings work on other platforms). Maybe this wouldn't work due to coding issues, but it'd be nice to have this as an option.

Guest kristaok

Yup... this is me, my OCD wants it PERFECT! but sometimes I just can't get the stuff to drop the way I want it too. :P

Not a bad idea, but probably not particularly high on the list of important changes. Still a good note.

Also something quite widely requested in the past. Scrollwheel is a decent idea.

Sadly, like you said yourself, since it is possible to rotate item by holding it and side-stepping with it, this is something that probably wont make it into the game.Since it doesnt technically bring anything new, or practically useful, into the game.

• 3 weeks later...

(a little late to the party I know...)  I agree this would be nice touch.  I think anything that would help the player improve the degree to which we can sort of customize our living space would be a value add.  I mean, at least for the survival sandbox where the story we are experiencing is sort of our own.

Archived