Need Help, Redux, Spoiler!

MueckE

5 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Though i haven't played since my last post...I can absolutely guarantee that not filling up the fight bar will be my problem as well.

I haven't filled a fight bar...well ever...during a fight.

The only time I ever filled a fight bar was to pull the shard out in Predux (which helped me with my timing and was removed go figure)...so I'm pretty much screwed.

This is exactly what I was describing. I had the same experience in Predux with the shard, and I remember it took multiple attempts to succeed. Of course, that was without the same kind of time constraint as the bear fight. The shard was also the reason I bought a controller in the first place, since my trackpad wouldn't work at all.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kristaok

I had trouble killing the bear in the cave in the beginning, I hit him at least 10x and he didn't die, I realized it was a bug, I then reloaded my last save and I was able to kill him with 3 hits. 

So yea if anyone runs into this bug, just reload. 

Ps. Thank you Hinterland for this wonderful game! I play it ALL the time!!! I absolutely love the redux! You guys didn't have to go back and make it better but y'all did, and for that I'm grateful. I also understand bugs happen and I'm not angry, I'm very patient. I'd rather y'all take your time and make the game right then rush it ya know. Thanks again!!!

5 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I had trouble killing the bear in the cave in the beginning, I hit him at least 10x and he didn't die, I realized it was a bug, I then reloaded my last save and I was able to kill him with 3 hits. 

So yea if anyone runs into this bug, just reload. 

Ps. Thank you Hinterland for this wonderful game! I play it ALL the time!!! I absolutely love the redux! You guys didn't have to go back and make it better but y'all did, and for that I'm grateful. I also understand bugs happen and I'm not angry, I'm very patient. I'd rather y'all take your time and make the game right then rush it ya know. Thanks again!!!

BY three hits do mean 3 full bar hits...or just survive 3 struggles.

Because for me and many others the clicking to fill the bar simply never gets more than 1/4 full...so that makes 3 full struggle bars impossible.

Guest kristaok
5 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

BY three hits do mean 3 full bar hits...or just survive 3 struggles.

Because for me and many others the clicking to fill the bar simply never gets more than 1/4 full...so that makes 3 full struggle bars impossible.

I only had to hit him 3x with the spear when it wasn't glitched. What I did is I'd wait for the bear to raise up like he wanted to charge / attack, then I'd use the spear and keep it there. Once the bear came the spear would go in him, I only had to do this 3x. I made sure to time it just right of course, too soon the bear would get me, and too late he would get me. 

The spear appears to charge / work based on your stamina. 

4 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I only had to hit him 3x with the spear when it wasn't glitched. What I did is I'd wait for the bear to raise up like he wanted to charge / attack, then I'd use the spear and keep it there. Once the bear came the spear would go in him, I only had to do this 3x. I made sure to time it just right of course, too soon the bear would get me, and too late he would get me. 

The spear appears to charge / work based on your stamina. 

Right but do I need to mash the button to try and fill the struggle bar and fill it for 3 attacks...or just give/survive 3 attacks.

Does it only count a good strike if I manage to impale him and the spear stays in him.

Guest kristaok
22 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Right but do I need to mash the button to try and fill the struggle bar and fill it for 3 attacks...or just give/survive 3 attacks.

Does it only count a good strike if I manage to impale him and the spear stays in him.

If I recall I had to keep pressing it after i thrusted the spear into his chest. 

You win after you spear him 3x, keep jabbing him, then he dies. So struggling isn't enough, you actually have to kill him. 

Edit: I don't know if you have to fill the bar up all the way to win, I can't remember. But I do know he has to be stabbed at least 3x for you to successfully kill him. Sorry my memory is pretty terrible. 

8 minutes ago, kristaok said:

If I recall I had to keep pressing it after i thrusted the spear into his chest. 

You win after you spear him 3x, keep jabbing him, then he dies. So struggling isn't enough, you actually have to kill him. 

Edit: I don't know if you have to fill the bar up all the way to win, I can't remember. But I do know he has to be stabbed at least 3x for you to successfully kill him. Sorry my memory is pretty terrible. 

If that's true...then I just have to nail that 3rd strike...I'm always so damn wounded though.

Guest kristaok
14 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

If that's true...then I just have to nail that 3rd strike...I'm always so damn wounded though.

I was pretty much on the verge of death, I was also very tired I believe, so yea I had to use an adrenaline shot. So if you got one, I def recommend you use the adrenaline shot, it raised my hp, fatigue, and stamina so I was able to kill that demon bear. 

Also you gotta time it right, don't raise the spear until the bear raises up. When he raises up, raise that spear and hold it until the bear impales himself. Then just keep thrusting that dumb bear in the gut / heart until he dies. It takes 3x. 

Too bad you don't get any meat for killing the old fart lol. 

7 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I'd imagine so...but when the click and bar shrinks down to nothing over and over again no matter how fast you click...the system is broken.

Agreed - I don't know why this is so confusing for people. If there's a bug that's causing the bar not to fill regardless of how fast we click, then it's a bug, not user error.

The only advice I've received that might be useful (in our case) is to install a program that can "turbo click" the mouse. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm hoping it can override whatever the bug is. I just want to get past this part of the game and be able to play Episode 3 when it comes out.

18 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Mouse click speed is what did it for me.

7 minutes ago, devamadhu said:

Agreed - I don't know why this is so confusing for people. If there's a bug that's causing the bar not to fill regardless of how fast we click, then it's a bug, not user error.

The only advice I've received that might be useful (in our case) is to install a program that can "turbo click" the mouse. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm hoping it can override whatever the bug is. I just want to get past this part of the game and be able to play Episode 3 when it comes out.

i tried everything also and i did what you say all of you it is not beaten this is absolutly error or bug smthing this make me crazy as well!

8 minutes ago, devamadhu said:

For what it's worth I have  a clicker program installed now too that is confirmed to work with TLD...about to test it as well.

4 minutes ago, devamadhu said:

Just tested an auto clicker program for Mac and it didn't fix the problem. Unless the bug is fixed by Hinterland, it seems like my only option might be to play it on a friend's PC using Steam. Ugh. Hopefully you PC guys have more luck!

i posted to team about it i send the file to fix it but they are on holiday now i believe :/

I am will be testing the autoclicker on PC... please note I HATE having to use an autoclicker...if there was rhyme or reason to filling up the bar...if everytime you clicked it did really fill up...or every time the prompt flashed and you clicked it went up a bit...we would actually fill the bar.

But speed doesn't work consistently, and any slight miss...and the bar drops to nothing. And then you get mauled to crap.

I literally got the spear in him 4 times last time...never filling the bar...and dude is just as alive as ever.

Archived