Post update issues

sunkbunk

Performance, while better in some aspects, has gotten worse in a few areas. Looking at TWM with a blizzard happening at the same time results in massive stuttering, however indoors the performance is much better than before.

Crafting table can't be scrolled through, so a few recipes including arrows, bows, and shafts cannot be crafted.

Issues with torches being used to start fires

Will update with more issues once they become apparent

Just to add the issues I've seen about 5 minutes in (on Mac):

1. There is serious lag on the menu screens. It takes a second or so after mousing over a menu option for it to highlight. 

2. The loading circles in-game (like lighting a lantern) are weirdly stuttery. Actual performance in-game seems fine so far though.

3. When I turn HUD to "off," I can't check my condition when I press tab (quick stats) like I used to. If I change it to "contextual," I have HUD and condition bars on my screen that I can't get rid of. Please please please tell me this is a bug and not the way it works now. I absolutely hate game stuff cluttering my screen, but I do need a way to check them easily.

When transitioning from Episode 1 to 2 and you activate the cave exit to Milton manually the cut scene doesn't play and you can't progress. You need to walk through the exit to trigger it

12 minutes ago, Shmeezee said:

If I change it to "contextual," I have HUD and condition bars on my screen that I can't get rid of.

Yeah, this is bad. It's certainly not like it was. It always displays the red icons. So when you are starving the stomach icon is always in the "middle" of the screen. Very annoying.

5 hours ago, sunkbunk said:

Performance, while better in some aspects, has gotten worse in a few areas. Looking at TWM with a blizzard happening at the same time results in massive stuttering, however indoors the performance is much better than before.

I'm just getting started and didn't notice any performance issues running around outside (but maybe too busy getting mauled, frozen, and falling off cliffs to notice); inside Abandoned Mine is horrible though (sluggish), and turning quality settings down doesn't seem to help much. The view of Coastal Highway from inside the mine is a flashing white space, but has shown a nice scene of blowing snow through the chain link gate... something's not working correctly.

Using an RX 470 c/w 8G VRAM on a 16G i7-4970 based system, and was playing @1920x1080 with all setting at max pre-redux.

I do not know whether it was intentional or not, if I understand correctly the game used to auto save every time you got attacked by wild animals or received an injury. I was attacked by a wolf and then the game crashed. I turned it on and I was back in safe spot without injuries. This sounds like it can be abused. Don't like how your trip went? Turn off the game and re-appear without the previous incident.

That's the second point the game tends to just freeze up here and there and then it crashes, but it was happening before the update too. Also, the game is currently laggy especially in fog or snow, when survivor walks, the camera jerks abruptly right or left it just makes it uncomfortable walking.

The worktables don't have the metal thingy on top of them anymore to indicate they are worktables.

Health bar doesn't show % anymore. I used that % information a lot to determine at which point to start taking measures to save my survivor. I can kinda see the bar emptying gradually but it's not very clear to me.

At the rail road, the hunters cabin has a porch. When exiting, I used to pop up on top of the stairs, now you get sent to the bottom of them. What is the point, so you can die to wolves while your screen is loading? There are two aggressive wolves always walking inside the fence area close to the cabin.

Archived