The (very) small defects of TLD

DarKube

I think TLD has a (very;)) little bit of defect :

- When we decompose boots, you have only 1 cured leather ! 2 would be better !
- When we decompose combats boots, I would like to give scrap metal as well
- Can decompose firestriker for 1 scrap metal
- When we decompose a rifle, it also gives 1 fir firewood
- Reduce the probability of sprain, it's unreal !
- Can catch rabbit when it's close to you
- During an aurora, when we walk on part sheathed by plastic of an electric cable, we don't die ( I say that because it caused my death when I have a rifle and 23 ammoB|)!
- In survival mode, can go to the secret level with the elevator during an aurora
- Add a crafting and forging skills
- Reduce the time to read "Advanced Guns Guns Guns" (the actual time is 25 hours !O.o).
- When we apply a bandage on a frostbite, reduce the rate of progress of it
- Can harvest bow for 1 cured maple sapling
- With a greater rifle skill, we can eject a casing after a shot more faster :    Riflereloadingaftershoot

If you have other ideas, you're welcome! :)

7 hours ago, DarKube said:

In survival mode, can go to the secret level with the elevator during an aurora

The what?  Did I miss something in my wintermute playthrough, or are you suggesting the addition of a new level (not currently in game) that can only be accessed in auroras? 

7 hours ago, DarKube said:

During an aurora, when we walk on part sheathed by plastic of an electric cable, we don't die ( I say that because it caused my death when I have a rifle and 23 ammoB|)!

And this one: I've survived standing in an electric cable before. You have move off it pretty fast, and not be very reduced condition before. 

7 hours ago, Pillock said:

The what?  Did I miss something in my wintermute playthrough, or are you suggesting the addition of a new level (not currently in game) that can only be accessed in auroras? 

And this one: I've survived standing in an electric cable before. You have move off it pretty fast, and not be very reduced condition before. 

For the elevator, is one Carter Hydro and in Wintermute mode, you can go on the elevator with a code.

And for the cable, maybe I just was not lucky:(

On 30. 11. 2018 at 7:54 PM, DarKube said:

When we decompose boots, you have only 1 cured leather ! 2 would be better !

I think this is not a defect, but intended. Boots as in running boots only give 1 leather. If you take apart leather boots, those provide 2, I think. This is because of their weight being bigger. It depends on the boots. (but I havent really played that much lately so maybe I am wrong here)

When we decompose combats boots, I would like to give scrap metal as well

I can agree with that, since it is supposed to have a metal sheet inside of them. A small change but makes sense.

Can decompose firestriker for 1 scrap metal

Firestrikers are not a usual type of metal. They are an alloy of various metals like magnesium, and others. The more you use it and its condition goes down, the less of the "metal" part of it remains. Even if you took apart a new piece of firestriker, it wouldnt be a useful piece of metal. So this would not make sense.

When we decompose a rifle, it also gives 1 fir firewood

Long time ago, it used to be this way. You could also repair rifles with fir firewood and scrap metal. But that has changed since. No idea why harvesting a rifle does not give fir firewood back - someone probably thought it would make the game seem less immersive by calling "old rifle stock" a "piece of fir firewood". Not sure why. I personally wouldnt mind.

Reduce the probability of sprain, it's unreal !

Well known problem, something Hinterland is surely working on already, for a long while. If I am to guess, at least. Give em more time on this.

Can catch rabbit when it's close to you

Absolutely no. It used to be this way back when stone throwing was new. It is really easy to make rabbits run to you - it made stone throwing a breeze of a method to gather rabbit food. Thing is - nobody is fast enough to really catch an active rabbit, in a snowy enviroment. It needs to be stunned by hitting it with a rock. I like it the way things are - makes more sense that way and gives challenge to stone throwing, which is how it should be.

During an aurora, when we walk on part sheathed by plastic of an electric cable, we don't die

You only lose health by walking over "uncovered" parts of the the wire. Regardless if there is a rubber on it or not - if you see electricity buzzing from it, stay away from it. Should be natural reaction - dont trust some old rubber insulation, for all we know, it is old, deteorated and exposes the wire anyways.

In survival mode, can go to the secret level with the elevator during an aurora

You really shouldnt suggest things until you know for yourself how they are. It is difficult not to spoil things for you if you keep suggesting things about the things you dont yet know. Finish the Wintermute for yourself before suggesting anything more of this sort - so you know for yourself what part does the elevator play in Wintermute. 
@Pillock You probably didnt. OP hasnt finished Wintermute 1st episode yet, so has no idea what role does the elevator play in Wintermute, yet takes my "intentionally vague" answer from a different post as evidence of things he hasnt confirmed for himself yet. This is the price I pay for trying to keep the mystery alive by being intentionally vague to avoid spoilers. I suggest none of us actually even comment on that further. OP needs to finish the Wintermute himself before ever suggesting things with elevators in the future.

On 1. 12. 2018 at 11:49 AM, DarKube said:

For the elevator, is one Carter Hydro and in Wintermute mode, you can go on the elevator with a code.

And for the cable, maybe I just was not lucky:(

You really need to finish the Wintermute for yourself so you actually know what you are talking about. :) I know you are eager to help and suggest things, but you also need to learn to moderate yourself a little bit more :) dont suggest things unless you understand them well yourself. (I cant make you, but this is an advice from me - trust me - I suggested a lot of things in the past that ended up being wrong in my assumptions and in the end, I looked silly for it)

Add a crafting and forging skills

A no to "crafting" - crafting ís a general skill of making things that dont have anything in common - how could, for example, creating of prepared reishi mushroom tea package help you be better at creating bandages, or crafting clothes? Those things have nothing in common.
Mending could be used to make new clothes more easily, frankly no idea why it is that way already. Also, crafting new clothes should improve mending.
Dont think forging as a skill is neccesary at TLD right now. Maybe in future.

Reduce the time to read "Advanced Guns Guns Guns" (the actual time is 25 hours !O.o).

If you ask me, it is a very valuable book, and should take more, even 40 hours. Once you have the book, I would guess you also have a place to stay with supplies so you can take your time to read it. 
Or, just dont use rifles, like me :D make or find a bow early, and never go back to rifles :D 

You cant treat frostbite risk by wrapping it in cloth - you need to warm up the area to return bloodflow into it, THEN you need to cover it with clothing. Cool idea concept, but wouldnt feel immersive. 
(Suggested change: Bandaging frostbite risk REDUCES the speed at which the frostbite risk increases. Now that would make sense, somewhat)

Absolutedly no to the bow change. The wood in a bow is actually the part that is likely to be destroyed when the bow breaks. not the string. The wood also has a durability. This, what you suggested, would make bows infinite source because you could always get your sapling back, and craft a new bow with new string.

Archived