Add a fire axe ?

DarKube

I found this picture on the official TLD wiki and I am to inform : That is an old, unused art asset, hidden in the game files, It is not in the game at all right now. Not in Story Mode, not in Survival Mode, not in any Challenge Mode. Only the devs know if they are going to add it. And I hope Hinterland add this in the game !
If they added it, I shall see it like that : the fire axe is pretty rare, we can find it in industrials locations (Carter Hydro, Hibernia Processing...), its weight is 2,25kg, it is 60% more effective for harvest wood and carcasses and in a wolf struggle:wolf:, this is the best weapons  :huntingknife::hatchet: ! We can repair it with a whetstone and, when we harvest it, it gives 1 cedar firewood, 1 cloth and 3 scraps metals. We can also use this for opening containers.

Fire_axe_icon.png

You're right, I have four solutions :

A) we can only repair it with quality tools and scrap metal
B) When we repair it, the whetstone lose 10% conditions instead of 5%
C) When we repair it, it only repairs 1-2%
D) Improve the rarity of the axe

I prefer the A) solution but I think A) combined with the C) it's the better.

Its big axe i would doubt you can use it in wolf attack when you lying, with one hand holding animals head and you have only one hand for this bad boy.

I am for big axe ingame, but probably for normal wood axe. i dont know when people want big axe, they alway bring Fire axe and not a normal wood axe.

Archived