AlexandraRussia

Hello again, I know you have a revolver in your plans, but what if there is a 44 caliber revolver, but what is it small and compact?  Yes, and it is convenient to shoot from it, and in the game you need a sniper rifle, for example, next to the hunter’s house at the location of the Mysterious Lake Railway, there is a plateau from which you can open a bear hunt with this rifle.  where he will not reach or even on a deer

Just a suggestion maybe just change the revolver to .44 magnum, but make the spawn rate for .44 special far higher than for .44 magnum ammo. That way you're not just stomping bears all the time in one shot. IIRC .44 special has about as much power as a regular 9mm so it wouldn't be OP against the animals in this game.

Also since I'm guessing you're from Russia I was expecting you to suggest changing the Lee Enfield to a Mosin Nagant, less ammo capacity, but slightly more power and a lot worse accuracy :P

1 minute ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Выживание охота, только не ясно, кто охотник является добычей или сам охотник:).

I just got this off of google translate:

Survival hunting, just not clear who the hunter is the prey or the hunter himself

Does that sound right Alexander?

Anyway as part of the bigger discussion, I think maybe there is a mistaken idea that you can give any regular, untrained person a firearm, especially in a crisis situation and then think it is basically a guarantee that they will survive. IRL that's far from it, giving people a hunting rifle and then having an expectation that they will always hit what they shoot at it is pretty divorced from reality. Just recently during 4DON I thought myself lucky to have found a rifle and multiple rounds of ammunition, I had a cock of the walk attitude going, so when I ran into a wolf I wasn't afraid. The problem was when I ran into multiple wolves right after the first one, I took down the first one that charged me, but my character was pretty slow on cycling the bolt and I wasn't able to get the sights back up before the second wolf lunged and took me to ground for the struggle.

I think the balance for the game should be, in the initial stages where you are unskilled, just having the rifle is just a way to stop one wolf, not a pack. But as you get better later on (which requires ammo) you should be able to take on a pack, with the problem that by the time you reach that point (late game) the amount of ammo left in the world should be in the single digits.

2 minutes ago, deathbydanish said:

Я только что получил это от Google translate

Охота на выживание, просто не ясно, кто охотник является добычей или сам охотник

Это звучит правильно, Александр?

В любом случае, как часть более широкой дискуссии, я думаю, что, возможно, есть ошибочная идея, что вы можете дать любому обычному, неподготовленному человеку огнестрельное оружие, особенно в кризисной ситуации, а затем думать, что это в основном гарантия того, что они выживут. IRL это далеко от него, давая людям охотничье ружье, а затем имея ожидание, что они всегда будут поражать то, что они стреляют в него, довольно оторвано от реальности.Совсем недавно во время 4DON я думал, что мне повезло, что я нашел винтовку и несколько патронов, у меня был член отношения ходьбы, поэтому, когда я столкнулся с волком, я не боялся.Проблема была в том, когда я столкнулся с несколькими волками сразу после первого, я снял первый, который поручил мне, но мой персонаж был довольно медленным на велосипеде болт, и я не смог получить вид назад, прежде чем второй волк бросился и взял меня на землю для борьбы.

Я думаю, что баланс для игры должен быть, на начальных этапах, когда вы неквалифицированы, просто иметь винтовку-это просто способ остановить одного волка, а не стаю.Но по мере того, как вы становитесь лучше позже (что требует патронов), вы должны быть в состоянии взять на себя пачку, с проблемой, что к тому времени, когда вы достигнете этой точки (поздняя игра) количество патронов, оставшихся в мире, должно быть в единичных цифрах.

Да, Меня зовут Александр, и извините за ошибки машинного перевода, я просто не хорошо знаю английский.
Ну, револьвер-это нужно и хорошо, в ближнем бою, и это будет труднее получить, чем патроны на пистолет, ну, или для создания этих картриджей с помощью Forge и компонентов будет еще труднее сделать.

16 minutes ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Yes, My name is Alexander, and sorry for machine translation errors, I just don’t know English well.
Well, a revolver is needed well, in close combat, and it will be harder to get than cartridges for a pistol, well, or for creating these cartridges with Forge and components it will be even harder to do.

это правильно? ошибки машинного перевода прекрасны, и у вас не так много, как некоторые другие люди.

14 minutes ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Да, Меня зовут Александр, и извините за ошибки машинного перевода, я просто не хорошо знаю английский.
Ну, револьвер-это нужно и хорошо, в ближнем бою, и это будет труднее получить, чем патроны на пистолет, ну, или для создания этих картриджей с помощью Forge и компонентов будет еще труднее сделать.

I am just putting the google translate here so others reading will know what we are saying.

Yes, My name is Alexander, and sorry for machine translation errors, I just don’t know English well.
Well, a revolver is needed well, in close combat, and it will be harder to get than cartridges for a pistol, well, or for creating these cartridges with Forge and components it will be even harder to do.

I just wanted to share my experience with small revolvers, you can still miss at close range, I thought the habits I developed using regular pistols (Beretta M92 and 1911 style handguns) would translate into the revolver, it didn't. I actually shoot worse with a revolver than those other pistols. I think for the game the revolver should just be a 7 yards and under will be a high chance to hit, anything beyond 7 yards should just be a miss. If you manage to get multiple .44 magnum rounds I the recovery period after one shot should be a lot longer than the one for .44 special, the balance here being that the .44 magnum will probably one shot stop a predator, but take a long time to recover and shoot another. The .44 special can be faster recovery with a much lower chance for stopping a predator in one shot.

4 hours ago, gnomegnine said:

am I the ONLY ONE on this entire website who doesn't live in canada, own a gun, and or go hunting??

I actually don't live in Canada (I live in Arizona), but every winter it seems like every retiree from Canada makes the mass migration to where I live :P

I'm a transplant from Hawaii though so my exposure to anything firearms happened when I moved here, so I haven't even gone hunting. Truth be told I don't think it would be my thing, I actually like animals. Revolvers are surprisingly cheap to get into, the one I have is just $200, most everything else like a stereotypical Glock starts at $500 and up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived