StoneDead | Deadman challenge

Stone

Couldn't resist...

DM1 | Day 1 HRV Somewhere along the river bank, head downstream, think the waterfall cave willARGHHAHNOO... [Death by unannounced wolf]

DM2 | Day 1 PV. Its night but I'm not too far from the basement. Run between windbreaks. Two wolves pick me up just before the bank up to the plateau with the basement. Skirt round, stay ahead, up the bank, temp goes red (rhyme!) a third WAwolf, I can see his eyes glinting green. I can skirt round it, if I sprint I can make the basement door... Which is where the 4th wolf is waiting. "Clever Girl".. [Death by wolf pack tactics] 

Note: there are more wolves in Deadman. Lots more.

DM3 | Day 1 HRV. Near longshot falls. Dash into the cave nearby. Navigating by stick, descend to find an ex-surviver with some rotten meat, survival book, a cured gut and two rabbit skins. Hmm. Stuff that could be great later but are wolf magnets for now. Still take the gut. Disrobe and dash through the waterfall. The cache has crackers and combat pants. Head back to the first entrance. I'm still too cold even though the cave counts as slightly warm now. Don't have time to hang about warming up. Leave to dash to the other cave, grabbing sticks and dodging a wolf enroute. Arrive at 90% hmm. The upper cave has a piece of cedar. Descend to the wolf zone. If it's there in the tunnels I've gut to bribe it with. Search the large cave at the bottom of the rope and find some coal. Time to see if the wolf is home but as i go to enter the tunnels, a dark shape slinks out. I almost walk into it but I'm backing up, it somehow hasn't noticed me yet but but it's soo close then [death by cave wolf]

Sigh. Could happen to anyone really... This isn't over.

My seven attempts Friday night fared no better...some deaths were quicker than others but all results were the same...DEATH. My first 6 attempts had me thinking that the start was fixed based on the code to begin around midnight because all of them to that point had... so deaths were split between wolves and cold...

My last was was a morning start... still on day 1..about 13 hours in...but safely in PV farmhouse with matches... hoping to survive to my first day 2...hahaha

2 hours ago, Cr41g said:

My first 6 attempts had me thinking that the start was fixed based on the code to begin around midnight because all of them to that point had...

That's just some terribly bad RNG. I tried to randomize the mode as much as possible. The high weather variability should give you some weather surprises in quick succession too. The good news is you're unlikely to have very long blizzards. The bad news is you're likely to have a lot of them.

May the RNG be always in your favor!

@Drifter Man #Deadcool. 

DM4 | Day 1 (No Traits by the way - I've only unlocked one so far :$ and this way I can claim, you know, it's harder.. ;)]

The little bay in DP, just before dawn. Dash to the mine sending bunnies and deer running. Inside the nighttime makes the cave light enough  to find some ragged driving gloves (whoop), hacksaw (whoop whoop) and coal. Break up a small crate at the other exit then wait an hour for some warmth to return. Step out into the dawn and  blizzard. Nuts to hit, Hibernia here I come. Blizzards clear wolves right? Otherwise Deadman 5 is calling. About to check the but at the plant entrance when a bark motivates me to run. Just run. Running over the bridge. Into the car, out the otherwise. More barking. Run, on round the building, theres the steps... Inside.

Condition barely took a hit. The office has peaches, matches, two books, one on archery. The safe has ... Jeans and a MACKINAW!? This world of indoor things is unfamiliar but I like it. Deadman ehy? Well not today! That said you can't eat clothes, however nice they are. And it is dawn. The night maybe dark and full of terrors but the day is long and full of wolves. I've got to go to work but I've a good feeling about this. So, I fear, do the wolves...

Archived