Recommended Posts

Hello, new here. Not really a gripe, just a question.

I play on ps4, has anyone experienced an error, been kicked, when playing for multiple hours? I've gotten to the point where I set a timer to close the application, so I don't get sent back and lose gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is talking about crashing, more information is gonna be needed to get a sense of things.  What exactly are you doing when the crash occurs?  Are any particular messages displayed prior to the crash?  Are you able to notice any early warning signs that this will occur?  (Hypothetical example, an area transition takes a full minute, and the next time you try to leave the area it crashes, etc.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She...I seem to have the issue when exiting or entering certain places, most often basements.

Next time it happens ill screen shot the error code.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Triple_D_50, and welcome to the forums! I also play TLD in a PS4 system and I've been suffering from crashes for quite some time now. Also, there are reports of many other PS4 players who have experienced the game to crash and freeze regularly in long gaming sessions.

I would suggest that you check the "Support" forum -> "Technical Discussions" subforum. There you can find several crash reports and possible solutions (I myself opened a topic on PS4 crashes which you can see here). Furthermore, you can also create a topic there and post details on whatever technical problem you are facing, and you will have a great chance of being addressed by Hinterland Support (@Support). They are really supportive and always doing a great job in helping the community :)

Edited by Senauer
Typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your post, @Triple_D_50! We've moved your thread over to the Technical Discussions sub forum, as the topic is related to a technical issue.

As Senauer mentioned, crashing is an issue we've seen reported by other PS4 players and seems to be related to memory use by the game. We've released some fixes over the past year that have improved things, but unfortunately not resolved it entirely -- yet. However this IS something we're continuing to work on!

In the meantime, some things you can do on your side that can help with crashing are:

  • Power-cycle your console every once and a while (at least once a month)-- this helps to flush any lingering system issues.
  • If you are experiencing very frequent crashing, such as if this occurs after less an an hour of play, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This should resolve any issues related to missing or corrupted game files.

As you've noticed, memory- related issues are more likely to appear during longer play sessions, so occasionally relaunching the game app is a good way to help prevent crashes. If you've been playing for more than 2 hours, definitely consider closing and reopening the game. 

Hope that helps!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert, but I imagine clearing any relevant caches from time to time might also be beneficial. I used to do that fairly often for some 360 games, but haven't played console since, so I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 12:07 AM, Senauer said:

Hi @Triple_D_50, and welcome to the forums! I also play TLD in a PS4 system and I've been suffering from crashes for quite some time now. Also, there are reports of many other PS4 players who have experienced the game to crash and freeze regularly in long gaming sessions.

I would suggest that you check the "Support" forum -> "Technical Discussions" subforum. There you can find several crash reports and possible solutions (I myself opened a topic on PS4 crashes which you can see here). Furthermore, you can also create a topic there and post details on whatever technical problem you are facing, and you will have a great chance of being addressed by Hinterland Support (@Support). They are really supportive and always doing a great job in helping the community :)

Wow, thanks a bunch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 8:25 AM, Support said:

Thanks for your post, @Triple_D_50! We've moved your thread over to the Technical Discussions sub forum, as the topic is related to a technical issue.

As Senauer mentioned, crashing is an issue we've seen reported by other PS4 players and seems to be related to memory use by the game. We've released some fixes over the past year that have improved things, but unfortunately not resolved it entirely -- yet. However this IS something we're continuing to work on!

In the meantime, some things you can do on your side that can help with crashing are:

  • Power-cycle your console every once and a while (at least once a month)-- this helps to flush any lingering system issues.
  • If you are experiencing very frequent crashing, such as if this occurs after less an an hour of play, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This should resolve any issues related to missing or corrupted game files.

As you've noticed, memory- related issues are more likely to appear during longer play sessions, so occasionally relaunching the game app is a good way to help prevent crashes. If you've been playing for more than 2 hours, definitely consider closing and reopening the game. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 5:01 PM, Soul Sojourner said:

I'm no expert, but I imagine clearing any relevant caches from time to time might also be beneficial. I used to do that fairly often for some 360 games, but haven't played console since, so I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now