Mapmaking again

palbi

7 hours ago, White_SnowTree said:

You mean that the red text is a problem...?

I don’t see any problem with your map- there aren’t always white icons for the various locations on the map (the most common location that doesn’t show a white symbol are the caves) 

Thanks. So you would make a map of an area foreign for you, without marking everything that could bear any importance. Well, that's a sight too, I respect it.

56 minutes ago, palbi said:

Thanks. So you would make a map of an area foreign for you, without marking everything that could bear any importance. Well, that's a sight too, I respect it.

That's very subjective- and besides, that's no reason to be a jerk: I'm just stating that the way the game is currently made, not everything shows on the map.

No reason to be negative 9_9

There is something that I suggested at the wish list forum, being able to make your own annotations on the map.
Although if I were in the survivor's position and were to make a map, I would definitely draw a cave where there is one. These are invaluable elements in the landscape.

I do remember these items showing up on maps. Maybe this is something specific to Pleasant Valley?

17 hours ago, palbi said:

I have so many problems with mapmaking areas

Hello @palbi. The map making seems to be a little bit more strict about what is "visible to the map". In my experience, using charcoal from inside a cave will give me the white cave icon and/or the cave name "text". I have read that others have found standing near the left of the cave entrance works best for mapping, (this kind of makes sense to me as almost all caves get marked with an icicle at the left side of the cave entrance).
The blacked-out sections of the map are not likely an indication of a computer/software issue; it seems that elevation is an increasingly important factor in mapping. You simply need to travel towards the area of the map that is blacked-out and you will likely find a hill; climb the hill and map again using charcoal and it should complete the map, (and you will often find new locations of interest).

Hope this helps you my friend. :coffee:

6 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

And some locations are just bugged, like I couldn't get the "Lookout" area above Clear Cut to show up (in the forest, opposite of the abandoned lookout) or the one cabin on the hill above Fishing Camp in CH.

I'm doing a new run, pretty sure I managed to map all of those areas so far. Maybe you need to revisit those and remap them? bummer.

Archived