Rate my stalker clothing set up

FunkyFuggerson

4 minutes ago, dead frozen dude said:

I'd say, lose the working pants... Heavy, get wet very quickly, and take awful long to dry, although they probably do ok for brief strolls. For protection, I'd go with the combat or deerskin instead.

I only have a pair of ragged jeans so I guess I could go for deerskin

+19 deg C is not bad at all. Personally, I would have used the bear skin on a bedroll (or saved for repairs) and made a wolf coat, but I don't know what your pelts situation is.

(Can you harvest the bear coat and get the pelt back? I think the answer is no.)

1 hour ago, bighara said:

+19 deg C is not bad at all. Personally, I would have used the bear skin on a bedroll (or saved for repairs) and made a wolf coat, but I don't know what your pelts situation is.

(Can you harvest the bear coat and get the pelt back? I think the answer is no.)

Yeah I usually make the bedroll but decided to switch things up a bit this time. and yeah, you can harvest the bear pelt, but unlike the moose jacket, you only get 1 bear hide and cant remake the bear coat again. Even if you did get 2 I wouldn't bother bears are more common then moose after all.

When traveling in stalker, I like to prioritize keeping light, and minimizing sprint penalty. So I'm always looking at the trade-off between temperature, and weight/sprint. In places where I tend to camp out for longer periods of time, and spend a lot of time in the cold, I'll switch to a heavy layout. But then I leave those layouts in those places (like the forge in FM, on the way into HRV, or at the Barker Farm with that sweet sweet workbench). 

I'd say those heavy workbooks would be very good to sub out for deer skins. Which are also kind of heavy, but much warmer. 

Archived