2 Player Online Co-op?

WheresMyBuns

Do you want TWO PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think a CO-OP multiplayer (not where you kill each other) would be great!  I think it would add a whole new aspect to survival and how to manage supplys and stay alive.  I think the decision making between you and your friends would be great.  The tough decisions and small arguments on what todo would be great!  Keeping you and your friend alive would be completely different situations... 

It's a compliment to any game for its player-base to want multiplayer.  However (like another of my favorite s.p. games- Subnautica) the finished product should be one that is as polished and beautiful as possible as a single-player game.  After that is complete I suppose a dev could go back in and try to take the long road towards a working multiplayer (eg Stardew Valley, although that game promised multiplayer early on).

Personally I'd like to see the team at Hinterland move on to a new project upon finishing TLD.  I would be pumped about literally anything this team announced :D 

1 hour ago, Klobberthon said:

Personally I'd like to see the team at Hinterland move on to a new project upon finishing TLD.  I would be pumped about literally anything this team announced :D 

Let's be honest here: Hinterland is extremely slow at developing the Long Dark, and its quite evident that the employees do not work at the company full time; they are unable to release content at a steady rate and it seems as if they are delaying the overhaul of Story Mode because they want people to wait. It makes 0 sense that re-doing the mission structure of Episodes 1 & 2 would take a year to do, and considering how long we've waited over the years for Story Mode, there is no reasonable excuse as to why they are so slow at this rate in time. 

All of this to say, get ready to wait 3-4 years until Hinterland even hints at a new project being developed. 

Hinterland are recruiting and the person spec specifically asks for experience developing co-op game play. Is that for TLD? Who can say. But the Vigilante Flame's cooking system changes are a step towards co-op similtaneous play. Also ditto what @Klobberthon said - Hinterland have bought alot of faith with me with the great work they've done.

Archived