Rabbit patches

Doc Feral

I've read a topic about different types of fbric which end up as "cloth" and it suggested they should be divided. I disagree with making things more complicated. On the other hand I was thinking about the difficulty of repairing natural clothing. I mean, If a bearskin coat gets damaged you need another whole bear to repair it, and I guess there's a chance you'll mess up and waste the whole skin. That's horrible. Since repairing clothes usually doesn't mean replacing missing parts but something more trivial as using a patch to keep a cut closed, I think this could be a good use for all those bunny skins. They are only used to make gloves, and since rabbits come in large numbers they tend to pile up.

Wouldn't it make sense to treat rabbit skins as "cloth" when it comes to barbaric apparel? Depending on the size and weight of the item one, two or more skins could be required for repairs.

It's an interesting point, but you can make the argument that once you start repairing a bearskin-coat with rabbit fur, over time it'll no longer be a bearskin-coat.

I would be for more craftable animal items, but I don't think that you should repair an animal's clothing with another animal's fur.

I know it may sound evil, but not worse than repairing reinforced mountain boots with pieces of sneakers, or a waterproof military coat with gym socks and a tshirt.

If you want to keep it stilish a hide could be cut in, say, four pieces to be used in multiple repairs.

Archived