A new goal and gamemode

Fellow Survivor

Multiplayer. BUT, before you click off...
This isn't quite multiplayer - let me explain.

This is a pseudomultiplayer gamemode which would work on a matchmaking system wherein players choose their preferred difficulty - e.g. stalker - and queue up (or play against friends) and have a survival experience with the same world, same spawn etc to see who can survive the longest in that world whilst not actually physically playing in the same world. Of course I am aware that there are problematic factors such as loot RNG but i think we can come up with solutions for it for example:

Key balancing points
-Non-container items are identical in spawn
-Container items work based off of who gets to that particular container first for example someone opens the trunk in the paradise farmhouse bedroom in Mountain Town and gets nothing, the other person would also get nothing; however, if that person DOES get something, then the other gets either the same thing or same type of thing e.g. food, clothes
- Or (less preferable) container RNG could just be untouched

I am aware that someone can already create a custom code and share it with friends but what if you want to play against a random person?

Please let me know if this idea was any good as well as upvoting if you think it was and thanks for reading! ;)

I like this idea. But I had a better idea. What if players could be in the same game server but not actually see each other? Instead their actions would carry over instead. So it would be like someone is there but not actually seeing them. The only problematic thing here is that it would be immersion breaking to have two people in the same spot.

11 hours ago, Fellow Survivor said:

Multiplayer. BUT, before you click off...
This isn't quite multiplayer - let me explain.

This is a pseudomultiplayer gamemode which would work on a matchmaking system wherein players choose their preferred difficulty - e.g. stalker - and queue up (or play against friends) and have a survival experience with the same world, same spawn etc to see who can survive the longest in that world whilst not actually physically playing in the same world. 

Lol this is an exact idea of multiplayer; it doesn’t matter how the game-mode is played, if you play with someone else you are playing multiplayer. 

Good ideas though :)

9 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Lol this is an exact idea of multiplayer; it doesn’t matter how the game-mode is played, if you play with someone else you are playing multiplayer. 

Good ideas though :)

@EricTheGreat12 But multiplayer wouldn't physically work due to The Long Dark's time acceleration mechanics but if the players are in separate worlds then there's nothing to worry about besides unfair RNG! ;)

13 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I like this idea. But I had a better idea. What if players could be in the same game server but not actually see each other? Instead their actions would carry over instead. So it would be like someone is there but not actually seeing them. The only problematic thing here is that it would be immersion breaking to have two people in the same spot.

@Fuarian I'm not quite sure what you mean by actions "carrying over"?

Another idea I think the multi player game would need a time limit, that all players agree on before hand. Time limit could be 1 hour or even longer games 24 hours or maybe even weeks lol.

At the end of that time limit ? either dead or what? best wins sort of thing. most resource, damage etc.

21 hours ago, nicko said:

Another idea I think the multi player game would need a time limit, that all players agree on before hand. Time limit could be 1 hour or even longer games 24 hours or maybe even weeks lol.

At the end of that time limit ? either dead or what? best wins sort of thing. most resource, damage etc.

Although this is good for the multiplayer aspect it would probably break immersion and immersion is a key selling point of the game so...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived