Wishes regarding fishing

BESt

It would be interesting to have a struggle (like with the wolves) every time you catch a fish. If your struggle is taking longer, there would be higher chances to get tire and loose a fish. Secondly, it would be nice to have more fishing equipment, like fishing rod or nets, each having it's pros and cons. Tell me what do you think!

I think it would be nice to do some timing thing or something like that because right now fishing= start fishing, look at something else for 2 sec, pick up the fish you got and repeat. 

Would be nice if fishing was more engaging instead of just sitting there and picking up the fish you catch automatically.

would be nice too if they could add a fishing rod or real fishing line (maybe together with (idk the name if it in English) that metal line you can have at the end that fish can't really bite of) that could be rare as the rifle or rarer 

The metal line is called a trace. There are several downsides to using a trace, including reduced sensitivity (you miss bites and therefor potential catches) and increased complexity (re. extra hardware and/or knots) at the business end of your rig.

A trace is an interesting idea in so much as you would end up with reduced line breakage but also reduced catches. So in ML where the fish are typically smaller you may opt to use plain line (more catches per hour) but in CH you may opt to use a trace as the larger fish size would make up for the reduced per hour catch rate.

The struggle idea has been raised a few times. IMO catches should operate as normal, except for exceptional fish (say above 5.5 kg) where there would be a struggle (identical to wolf mechanic).

Often raised in conjunction with this idea (improving fishing) is the 'stock depletion' concept - something I think we may well one day get.

I just want fishing to not be OP. Right now, no matter what fishing spawn rate you have set, you can survive easily. 

At the current rate you can fish for one day and catch more than you need for one day. It should be the opposite. Fishing should be a last resort type of option for when the wildlife has moved on/migrated or the weather isn't suitable for hunting/foraging. It shouldn't be a sustainability option. That isn't realistic, especially considering that small bodies of water (Mystery Lake, Crystal Lake, Pensive Pond etc...) don't have infinite supply's of fish IRL.)

Archived