One small, but mighty addition

WillDakenzie2000

That is a great idea!

I think, however, the Aurora generates very small passive current. Enough to make light bulbs glow just barely.

It would not have the amperage to power a microwave or toaster etc. The fact that the radios work is even inaccurate compared to real world, unless they're the old tube type.  Basicallly the air is ionized with charged particles, but not a current per se. 

Technically, boiling all your meat at a rolling boil for 5 minutes or longer will kill pretty much everything big and bad enough to make you ill.

We just...... can't make soup in-game for some nonsensical reason. It is the most efficient means of cooking there is.

5 hours ago, Boston123 said:

Technically, boiling all your meat at a rolling boil for 5 minutes or longer will kill pretty much everything big and bad enough to make you ill.

We just...... can't make soup in-game for some nonsensical reason. It is the most efficient means of cooking there is.

Pity improved cooking was dropped from the road map. +1 for stew! :D 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:20 PM, WillDakenzie2000 said:

I will keep it short, just like the idea, USE THE MICROWAVE DURING THE AURORA ON PREDATOR MEAT SO IT GETS RID OF CHANCE OF PARASITES BY 100%, there, simple and elegant.

Yes using the MICROWAVE is more than boiling it's actually bombarding with radiation which kills everything 100%.  About the current the aurora generates, well who knows it is anomaly after all which is plausible to make everything work again so I say go for it. Bring back the power yea !!!  maybe in the future they will add some portable stoves which you can use when the aurora is active to cook and boil water.

1 hour ago, vancopower said:

Yes using the MICROWAVE is more than boiling it's actually bombarding with radiation which kills everything 100%.  About the current the aurora generates, well who knows it is anomaly after all which is plausible to make everything work again so I say go for it. Bring back the power yea !!!  maybe in the future they will add some portable stoves which you can use when the aurora is active to cook and boil water.

But..... most portable stoves don't use electricity. Why would they be knocked out by the anomaly? 

1 hour ago, Boston123 said:

But..... most portable stoves don't use electricity. Why would they be knocked out by the anomaly? 

I actually don't know of a single portable stove that uses electricity. Some have electric sparkers but they can still be lit with matches.

1 hour ago, cekivi said:

I actually don't know of a single portable stove that uses electricity. Some have electric sparkers but they can still be lit with matches.

well not portable exactly but something similar like this:

71kCEZoByPL._SY524_.jpg

Since the anomaly turns it on and it doesn't need to be plugged in then it's portable :) 

On 1/25/2018 at 6:20 PM, WillDakenzie2000 said:

I will keep it short, just like the idea, USE THE MICROWAVE DURING THE AURORA ON PREDATOR MEAT SO IT GETS RID OF CHANCE OF PARASITES BY 100%, there, simple and elegant.

It is a nice idea and preetty useul :) would be nice to see it ingame... I gotta admit that with Cooking level 5 u dont have that problem anymore but it's a nice idea anyways

Archived