Finally found extra wool underwear, but...

ingrobny

I wasn't happy for long, why? I have looked everywhere for a second wool underwear, but no luck until TWM summit and i found 3, but all 3 was ruined and couldn't be repaired :(, it made me really sad and i tried to die by jumping down the mountain side, but i survived and ended up where the engine is, by the Andre's Peak, so instead of doing someting irrational i turned off the game, i haven't been to Milton yet, so i could find one there.

But the problem i think is that i spent too much time in Mystery Lake, almost 200 days i think, because i didn't know the item decay started for all zones when you started a survival game, i though the decay was for the zone you are in, but i was wrong, i learned about this when i entered CH, but in TLD you can't rush and i spend a lot of time in PW, and because the weather there is a bit rough, it took a while before i had been almost everywhere before travling to TWM, so to new players i will say, don't stay too long in one locations, if you do you will find a lot of stuff that are unusable, mostly medicine, clothing and food.

A hard lession learned after 300 ++ days of survival :$.

And i wonder what other survivors  here would do, i'm torn between start a new game and not spend too much time in each locations, so the clothing i find will not be ruined, maybe start in TWM and get to the top as soon as i can or play on and hope i will find a wool underwear in Milton (MT) ?

I think i can answer myself on if i should start a new game and not, you might not have two wool underwear, but you just found a second  cowichan sweater in Milton and it's not sure you will find a second one i a new playthrough, so maybe use what you got now and see if you can survive for 500 days, only 170 something days left ;).

Unless you have a serious infatuation with wool underwear :/, there are plenty of other undergarments!  No need to start over.

I can see it now, "Ingrobny's endless search for those pristine, non-Hershey-Highway, Wool-Skivvies."

Reminds me of the lines from the movie Strange Brew, "I was the only one left on the planet after the holocaust, eh..."
"...so I spent most of my time looking for beer."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm always jealous when folks talk about their Cowichan Sweaters these days. I just yesterday found a second thin wool sweater in Milton, and I'd walked over 1200 kms and  survived 400 days. It was at 2% condition but I saved it and finally have 2 shirts again (I don't consider shirts less than thin wool worth the cloth cost to maintain and the one I was wearing is the only one I'd found anywhere in the world).

I didn't get any of the good, rare clothing rolls in this Interloper game, but it's been kind in regards to optional match spawns.

My strategy on interloper now is to loot as much as possible as quickly as possible...skip crafting items entirely to save on time and weight. I try to loot TWM before day 50. Anything after 40-50 days and you start finding ruined stuff or empty containers. Should be able to loot 3-4 zones in the 50 days. After that, you can take your time again.

15 minutes ago, morgellons said:

My strategy on interloper now is to loot as much as possible as quickly as possible...skip crafting items entirely to save on time and weight. I try to loot TWM before day 50. Anything after 40-50 days and you start finding ruined stuff or empty containers. Should be able to loot 3-4 zones in the 50 days. After that, you can take your time again.

That's going to be mine on future runs.  I'm currently in day 64 where I only hit PV farmhouse + tower, the Dam and ML.  I have a single pair of sport socks (which need to be damned or at least darned), a single pair of regular long johns and random other mid range gear plus crafted rabbit, wolf, deer bits.   With only a +17 rating and -30 day time temps it's very limiting what I can do.   I ended up in this predicament in some part due to searching for a bedroll in ML which I never did find but in truth I always focus too soon on crafting gear. 

I'm pretty sure I can make it to 100 but it's going to be a sad, cold miserable experience getting there.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:16 PM, morgellons said:

i found this really helpful, thanks for your advice. will definitely try this out and see how it works. may i ask you questions in case i would have some? thank you!

21 hours ago, Beng1981 said:

i found this really helpful, thanks for your advice. will definitely try this out and see how it works. may i ask you questions in case i would have some? thank you!

Absolutely, happy to help if I can. I'm having my best interloper run ever right now...hope it continues.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:16 PM, hozz1235 said:

Reminds me of the lines from the movie Strange Brew, "I was the only one left on the planet after the holocaust, eh..."
"...so I spent most of my time looking for beer."

Haha! I loved that movie! A classic. “It’s a jelly, eh” :D

Archived