I'd like to have more specific information about spawn chance settings

Kristian2

16 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I wish there was an option to customize each individual spawn location and how many animals will spawn there... I hate having so many deer near my home, the challenge of going hunting for the whole day is ruined with their proximity and chance of spawning.

I think my perfect kind of setting would be that the location where you spend most of the time in just gradually spawns less critters - to do exactly that, force the player to go on hunting trips. This would also be immersive, since the animals would probably prefer to not stick around in a location with heavy human activity. 

I just wish it applied to all the bigger animals. There is a challenge to going on a hunt for a bear further away, as you will also have to dedicate some time to bringing all the goods back with you. Perhaps not for wolves and rabbits.

22 hours ago, Fuarian said:

See, I'd like to have it where deer have a herd mentality where they are always grouped together. If you shoot one or scare one then all of them will run away and they will keep running away and eventually relocate to a new area to hang out in. Obviously some AI tuning will be needed for this.

Ah, now that would be cool.  I shall add that to my deer behavior list from above. 

22 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Also, I don't think restricting the respawn times will make it nearly as long as a month. I'd love that. But I don't think it's as long as that. 

You may be right about the quick respawn.  I'll try and monitor how long it takes for them to reappear.

12 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

I think my perfect kind of setting would be that the location where you spend most of the time in just gradually spawns less critters - to do exactly that, force the player to go on hunting trips. This would also be immersive, since the animals would probably prefer to not stick around in a location with heavy human activity. 

I just wish it applied to all the bigger animals. There is a challenge to going on a hunt for a bear further away, as you will also have to dedicate some time to bringing all the goods back with you. Perhaps not for wolves and rabbits.

Yes, or simply make spending a day about venturing out to get food. But make there be a chance that a flock of deer will change locations frequently. But give signs as to where they've migrated to.

10 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Yes, or simply make spending a day about venturing out to get food. But make there be a chance that a flock of deer will change locations frequently. But give signs as to where they've migrated to.

That sounds awesome.

Honestly, there is a severe lack of "tracking" in the game, which is something that (in a very simple way) could, in my opinion, improve the game. Wouldnt mind to have a wolf pack migrating around as well. Locations should have some wolf protection still, but if there was one wolf pack per region of roughly 3 wolves migrating around, I think it would altogether give the game a feeling that animals do, in fact, have animal-like behaviour, which would improve the immersion significantly. And make the game less predictable.

Archived