The case of the plunging body temperature...

willybolle

This is a bug report..since i dont have the time to find out where to report the bug...i report it here...

Stalker in muskeg was chillin with a book in a railroad boxcart for a couple of hours when suddenly frostbite afflicted him...

He did not understand as he was well equipped and did not feel cold( temp on top, feels like +12 honest).

He went to bed and was penalized by same affliction and lost half his health forever...never dipping below zeeeroooooooo......

Kind regards annoyed oldtimer

Leaving a body part exposed (no gloves or hat etc) can increase frostbite risk if the external temperature is below freezing even if your "feels like" is above freezing. Keep your clothing dry, it also wouldnt hurt to leave a fire going the last 3rd of night time, that is when it is coldest.

Ive spent 2 days before on timberwolf mountain in a loop trying to balance tasks and firewood while keeping frostbite hovering at 50 percent risk, I came out on top when i lucked out and found some coal for a nice long fire ALL night, the next day i made a mad dash to pleasent valley for a pair of gloves (wolves ate my rabbits and i couldnt make mittens yet) got some measely fleece gloves and returned with my quality of life improved. (I still cluld get tge risk if i let the gloves freeze or ddnt use a campfire once a day.) Frozen clothing is worse than no clothing at all, it is very heavy as well.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:47 AM, willybolle said:

He did not understand as he was well equipped and did not feel cold( temp on top, feels like +12 honest).

"Feels like" refers to your overall body temp. Frostbite occurs when certain parts of your skin are exposed to cold. Even if you've completely covered up, there's a chance that some of your clothing can get wet and freeze.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:47 AM, willybolle said:

Stalker in muskeg

You mentioned that you were in the muskeg. My hypothesis would be that you walked on thin ice and got your feet wet. It took a while for your socks to freeze so you didn't notice at first. When it hit you, it seemed that it came out of the blue.

Your first mistake was thinking that being well equipped meant that you were fully protected. Your second mistake was jumping to the conclusion that it was a bug. Your third mistake was not doubting you own conclusions. This means that you didn't follow the proper procedure when the frostbite warning showed up. You didn't check the location on your body where the frostbite was showing up. You didn't check the items of clothing that you were wearing on that location. And you weren't able to remedy the situation by raising the air temp above 0 degrees Centigrade and thawing and drying your clothing.

Archived