Is the aurora fixed yet?

Tbone555

2 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

Just a quick question. I seem to remember there being issues with the aurora in survival sandbox. so have they been resolved? I've had a survival sandbox going for about 9 days, kind of figured I would have seen something  by now.

It really varies.

I've had them first show up on Night 2...and sometimes on Night 14....sometimes even later.

Sometimes it's a one off...sometimes it's 3 nights in a row.

It's more random than yes/no aurora tonight.  The aurora is only visible when the weather is clear (and you have to see it for it to work).  So if your aurora night starts fogged over, it has no effect until the fog clears.  That window could be as short as from 2: to 6:00am. It might have occurred 3 times already but you were already sleeping when it came out.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:55 AM, selfless said:

It's more random than yes/no aurora tonight.  The aurora is only visible when the weather is clear (and you have to see it for it to work).  So if your aurora night starts fogged over, it has no effect until the fog clears.  That window could be as short as from 2: to 6:00am. It might have occurred 3 times already but you were already sleeping when it came out.

Actually that's always the case.

The aurora can come on overcast nights as well.

This happened to me first as I concluded Luminance Fugue making it all the way through the dam....on an overcast night with aurora.

I've also had the same aurora effects in survival sandbox as well.

Archived