Mugged By Bear

Gwendlethred

There I was, sitting pretty, cosyed up in the farm house, a couple of deer and a wolf lying around outside waiting for me to skin them. Cooked meat stacked outside. Stack of firewood in the kitchen. Life's getting a little easy.

I walk out to see bruno not a stone's throw away! I dash back in and grab my rifle. Full clip and mint condition. I steps out onto the veranda and pops a cap in his ass. He turns ugly and charges. I turn to open the door but he's on me in a flash (straight through the veranda railing). He beats me to a pulp. My rifle has gone. So I limp indoors and patch myself up. When I go back outside there's no sign of the bear. No tracks, no blood and no rifle! Fortunately I'd got a maple sapling freshly cured so it's down into the basement to craft a bow.

Hmm bow is tricky! lost a couple of arrows already and no kills. Although there is a deer running about somewhere sporting a feather!

So is the bear a ploy to stop players getting too cocky? Playing Survival mode - random location - Pleasant Valley Farmhouse.

Well, first, I know now that the porch isn’t safe. Second, you still had the rifle in your hand, and when you get mauled by a bear, you drop your rifle. So it should be around somewhere, unless that’s a bug now. If you can’t find it, report it as a bug

I searched all round the house, looked on the roof, checked the rooms inside and the cellar but no sign of the rifle. After the mauling I went in the house to use bandage and disinfectant so only for a few seconds. When I went outside again the bear had vanished. No tracks or blood even though I got a clean shot at 10 yards with blood spray impact.

Losing the rifle is minor - there are 2 more that I know of on this map. However the 9 cartridges in the magazine are priceless!

Although the bear left no tracks, I did eventually find the body about 1/2 a mile from the farm. Still no sign of the rifle or cartridges. Mustn't grumble; at least I'll have a nice warm coat in a week's time!

I'm sure the dev's will release a fur hat for yuletide. It just bizarre that one can't be crafted yet. Rabbit or wolf maybe. ;)

On 11/1/2017 at 8:42 AM, KinoUnko said:

the rifle probably dropped through the floor during the struggle and is lost.

It may be invisible where it dropped on the floor similar to how arrows sometimes do when stuck in animals. Have you tried slowly moving the cursor along the area you believe it fell? The prompt for it may pop up:|

I've been attacked in a Hunters Blind and had the rifle drop right through the floor onto the snow underneath and although I could see it, aiming the cursor on it to pick it up was difficult :lantern:

Archived