Rope rock in the Dam?

Salty Crackers

It is.  The visible attachment point is above you, but the selection point is the same as rocks. The rope is to your left.  It has been modified to not look like a rock because it isn't a rock this time.  It is completely intentional.  (Hint: it makes more sense why during an aurora flare.)

Ravine was never that hard was it?  Rope spawns there always, just not always the same place...

On 8.10.2017 at 7:21 PM, Salty Crackers said:

It turns out there is an invisible rope rock in the Dam (with rope!) Probably a bug, but now it's easy to get the flare gun at the bottom of the Ravine.

It's not a bug, when you are playing the story mode, you have to use that rope to be able to avoid power cable when aurora is out, if you want to escape the Dam when aurora is still active.

5 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Not really. It's not 100 percent auroras 100 percent of the time.

But without the aurora or the rope, there's no way to get back up to the ML level, as I understand it.. (I may be wrong.. haven't yet gotten that far in my Wintermute playthrough)

13 minutes ago, JAFO said:

But without the aurora or the rope, there's no way to get back up to the ML level, as I understand it.. (I may be wrong.. haven't yet gotten that far in my Wintermute playthrough)

If so they shouldn't have made taking it an option in Story Mode. We'll see. I doubt we're going back that way as Astrid or Will.

I tried dropping down (cause I was too heavy to climb) but it wouldn't let me... maybe you had to take the rope first? Ended up dumping stuff & climbing down - of course that was in story mode. I haven't been in the damn for while in survival, if the rope is there as per OP's point, then that is another handy bit of kit to scavenge. :)

10 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I tried dropping down (cause I was too heavy to climb) but it wouldn't let me... maybe you had to take the rope first? Ended up dumping stuff & climbing down - of course that was in story mode. I haven't been in the damn for while in survival, if the rope is there as per OP's point, then that is another handy bit of kit to scavenge. :)

Yup you have to take the rope to drop.

Archived