Fur hat

ingrobny

Hinterland, in my opinion there is one thing missing in The Long Dark and that is fur hat, we have rabbit mittens why not rabbit fur hat like this?:

Rabbit_Full_Fur_Russian_Ushanka_Hat_Brown_441.thumb.jpg.f54f64bf8dd63b7f5e71721ed142d4b4.jpg

i'm starting to run out for cloth, so soon my two wool toque wil eventually be broken, so a rabbit fur hat would be great to have :).

I'm staying in Mystery river and i got the tools bunker, i guess if i had gotten the clothing bunker i would have more cloth, i will try to stay in MR as long as i can, because i want to save the other locations for story mode first, i haven't searched the whole Forlorn Muskeg yet and i haven't been to the Broken Railroad, so i might find more cloth later on and also my character have rabbit mittens, deerskin boots and pants and wolfskin jacket so for him to be "complete" he needs a fur hat :).

This old chestnut... yea, this was suggested more times then I can remember. Pretty sure we will see craftable headpiece in the game eventually, as its the last body piece where Frostbite can happen and that does not have craftable clothes.

8 hours ago, ingrobny said:

I'm staying in Mystery river and i got the tools bunker, i guess if i had gotten the clothing bunker i would have more cloth, i will try to stay in MR as long as i can, because i want to save the other locations for story mode first, i haven't searched the whole Forlorn Muskeg yet and i haven't been to the Broken Railroad, so i might find more cloth later on and also my character have rabbit mittens, deerskin boots and pants and wolfskin jacket so for him to be "complete" he needs a fur hat :).

You have a long time to wait, I would guess. I doubt we will see Episode 3 sooner then in a year, as I beleive the Devs will try to focus more on Survival Mode now.
But what do I know... maybe not. Still, since Episode 3 will likely be Astrid´s POV, I am unsure how many of those regions will be featured in her story, but those are all speculations.

If you dont mind visiting Coastal Highway, you can collect much more cloth there. First of all, the coastal town has insane supply hidden indoors in a form of curtains. And then there is the fact that on the shore-line, random items spawn through beachcombing - cloth is one of the most common items to get. If you stay in ML specifically, yes, eventually you will run out of cloth and out of headwear. If you were thinking of it ahead of time, perhaps you should have saved up your cloth by wearing a single headpiece in the first place. Just saying :) 

8 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

This old chestnut... yea, this was suggested more times then I can remember. Pretty sure we will see craftable headpiece in the game eventually, as its the last body piece where Frostbite can happen and that does not have craftable clothes.

Hahaha okay, i tried to do a search, but i didn't find anything, but i'm happy that it isn't only me who wants a craftable hat :).

You have a long time to wait, I would guess. I doubt we will see Episode 3 sooner then in a year, as I beleive the Devs will try to focus more on Survival Mode now.

I was hoping for episode 3 in november or december, but since they had massive problems and needed to step back from the game a while, maybe it will be delayed to january or february.

But what do I know... maybe not. Still, since Episode 3 will likely be Astrid´s POV, I am unsure how many of those regions will be featured in her story, but those are all speculations.

Will is on his way to Winding River and maybe Coastal Highway after that? Since i don't know, i don't want to risk going to other locations and spoil the locations for myself :), but if i'm getting forced to move on, because i have used up all man made resources, i have no other option to do that.

If you dont mind visiting Coastal Highway, you can collect much more cloth there. First of all, the coastal town has insane supply hidden indoors in a form of curtains. And then there is the fact that on the shore-line, random items spawn through beachcombing - cloth is one of the most common items to get.

Good to know and thank for the advice :) (i think you also was the one who learned me that meet can be stored longer outside?).

If you stay in ML specifically, yes, eventually you will run out of cloth and out of headwear. If you were thinking of it ahead of time, perhaps you should have saved up your cloth by wearing a single headpiece in the first place. Just saying :)

Good advice, in the beginning i failed a lot, so a lot of the cloth was destroyed in the prosess, but  i'm now at level 3 in mending and since i have now better clothing, i don't need everything to be at 100%, i'm now using cloth when my clothes is down to ca 70%, i will start to explore the rest of Forlorn Muskeg and the broken Railroad, i know Broken Railroad have a lot of cloth from when i played the story mode :).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if I change your characteristics a little bit to the rabbit's cap, but in my opinion it's better to make this hat out of the wolf's skin more correctly, I have hunters in the family. And what a thought has appeared, what if the deer leather boots  inside stuff with rabbit fur?  It will be so warmer, and softer to the feet).

Archived