feel like an idiot

junglegreen

I have been playing the game for months and every time I visit the factory on desolation point have had to walk across the ice to gain entry.  Then recently I realised you could get into the truck blocking the entrance by one door then exit by the other.!!!!!     Any body else had a senior moment like this.  ( and I am not being ageist as I am 70)

2 hours ago, morgellons said:

I didn't find the tube inside the whaling building leading up that ledge until I had cleared the zone many times.

How about the fact that a can of food or two usually spawns in the boat, that you'd see when you turn around to go back down the tube? Took me ages to see that there, got me wondering how many precious cans of food I'd missed on Interloper runs. :(

2 hours ago, junglegreen said:

I have been playing the game for months and every time I visit the factory on desolation point have had to walk across the ice to gain entry.  Then recently I realised you could get into the truck blocking the entrance by one door then exit by the other.!!!!!     Any body else had a senior moment like this.  ( and I am not being ageist as I am 70)

When I first started playing the game, I was under the impression that I had to find a cooking pot in order to boil water for consumption...  This led to many a death before I figured it out and I'm only 29... I think these things happen to any and all at some point. 

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Fuarian said:

You can maneuver your way over top of the truck or around the fence. 

And you're not being ageist but you sure as hell aren't 70...

I pretty well know I am 70   my   brain is not that muddled yet.     

I usually enter the plant from the Rikken side, where the fishing boats are - you can climb the hill next to them, and there is a hole in a fence there. This seems to be the best way to enter the Hibernia in my opinion as its the side that is the least likely to have predators. Only a bear occasionally swings by them boats.

On 9/29/2017 at 9:01 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

How about the fact that a can of food or two usually spawns in the boat, that you'd see when you turn around to go back down the tube? Took me ages to see that there, got me wondering how many precious cans of food I'd missed on Interloper runs. :(

Same here. What a life saver it was in the Interloper beginnings since I found out about this. And I only found it because someone was talking about it - very vaguely so I didn't know to look there specifically, but I figured it out - it was a claim about the fact that most boats in game have item spawns in them.

Archived