Revert UI? (Optional maybe?) [RANT]

ArcherAC3

Revertion will never happen. But I agree that things still don't work well.

1) The backpack is confusing, it was at the beginning and it still is. I don't know why preciselly but I can't grasp objects in it.

2) The journal is sad but I never cared much about it.

3) The hud is still weird, when you need micromanagement is rough, but I get that this is by design so I accept it.

4) I have problems understending when I get wind protection. Was this an automatic icon before and now you have to press a key? I'm not even sure. Maybe is the top placement, I need to check this but it surelly confuse me.

5) The looting mechanic is less cool. But I'm afraid this will never come back to what it was (discovering during the progress bar) simply because pausing the wheel doesn't feel nice.

In the end the bigger issue here is the backpack. A topic specific about that should be open.

I play on console and it is fine for me.

Every time I they've updated it with things like the new clothing system I've always looked at it and gone: 'why couldn't you just keep it the same?' But whenever they have done it it has always grown on me. I have no issue with press and hold but it does bother me on sages slightly due to the fact you press the button to unlock without realising to hold it to search it which slightly ruins it. 

I feel like the new HUD system is far moe immersive and blending with the experience; the satusfaction I get when I drink and you see that perfect point on that water droplet. 

To reference one of the quotes:

"It is not the strongest gamer that survives, it is the one who is most adaptable to game changes" 

• 1 month later...

+1000 (to the original poster)

I'm also a PS4 player, and I wish I had more HUD options. 

It also NEEDS to have a directional lock built into the menu. If I flick my thumb stick up, the top option on the radial menu should stay highlighted. There is absolutely no reason for me to stumble forward another step or two every single time I want to equip my charcoal. This is sloppy, and has put me in danger of walking off cliffs several times (luckily, I usually remember to position myself with room for those awkward radial-stumbles).

+1000 to this too. I get this wrong way more often than I get it right. 

Also, it seems really weird to me that when in my inventory, I can eat and drink but I can't see my hunger, thirst or calorie values?? I have to flip between screens to check how many calories I have. Totally unintuitive. 

Archived