How do I finish "Lake gunshots" quest?

monasabbat

18 hours ago, Mac said:

Did you keep the ammo when you handed over their stash?  If so, the ammo is the reward and the dude is dead outside with some arrows in him.

If you gave him the ammo, then this is a new bug.

I did give him the ammo (I distinctly remember that) and when I returned, the cabin was empty, no new body that I saw, and no note.

I have the same problem.  When I returned with his items, I did not keep the ammo and I can find no arrows on/around the dead guy outside.  I did search the dead guy on the lake before returning to the cabin with the items.  I can enter the cabin, however no note is on the table and the quest markers/journal are the same as OP.

My guess is this quest gets screwed up, if you visit the bungalow before the quest starts, before its locked and with a NPC inside it. I believe I actually picked up the letter the person left their, before the quest even started.

Which letter do you get on the table?  I went through all my collectibles and examined each of them in the off chance it would trigger the end/next stage of the quest.  I do not think I visited the cabins before receiving the quest, but it is possible I did. 

you get a letter thanking you for helping him,  and maybe he left something for you?,

if you take the ammo you get a letter thanking you but saying it wasnt nice of you to take his ammo cos he might need it, I didnt know it would kill him, honest!!

I kinda had a different bug - I chose the keep the ammo option not understanding that it was letting me steal it, but hit escape directly afterwards which seemed to stop the interaction. I spoke to him again and chose to give him everything and did not get any extra ammo as far as a could see. Then when I check back on him tomorrow he's dead and blamed me for taking the ammo even though I didn't get any. The quest marker stays active even though all the the quest points were ticked. 

22 hours ago, Thany said:

My guess is this quest gets screwed up, if you visit the bungalow before the quest starts, before its locked and with a NPC inside it. I believe I actually picked up the letter the person left their, before the quest even started.

I am suspecting that @Thany may be onto something.  I as well had visited and cleared out that cabin prior to the quest beginning.  I wonder if that is the commonality?

22 minutes ago, L² said:

I am suspecting that @Thany may be onto something.  I as well had visited and cleared out that cabin prior to the quest beginning.  I wonder if that is the commonality?

Nope the letter wasn't there when I first searched the cabin beofre the Lake Gunshots quest and mine resolved just fine when I picked up the note "tomorrow".

I didn't visit the cabin before the quest beginning (is it possible at all?), but having the same issue :( I left ammo for the guy, but there is no note on the table and I can't finish the quest. It might have happened because several days have passed before I returned.

Archived