[SPOILERS] Stuck in Episode 2

DirtyBarry

Hi,

So i made it to the last mission in episode 2... 2-3 days later, the aurorae appears, but i don't make to the dam in time. Was I supposed to just retry? Because I've been waiting for the aurorae to appear again for about 3 weeks ingame time...

How often is the aurorae supposed to appear anyway? I'm starting to think I just broke the game, but a verification would be nice.

Very bored waiting for the aurora. That is assuming it's time based rather than broken. I'm going to play something else. Maybe I'll come back to this, but shouldn't games be fun rather than boring? If I wanted to sit and watch the weather I would go outside in the real world. Games should be fun not boring. Stupid.

m

I am not to this point in the story yet, but I have been waiting for an Aurora to happen in order to get inside Jeremiah bunker for about 12 days now. And surviving in Forlorn Muskeg isn't exactly what I would call "fun" on such a long run, especially without knowing when these goddamn lights are going to show up. Not knowing if an event pattern is a feature or a bug isn't usually a very good sign for game..

4 hours ago, DirtyBarry said:

Hi,

So i made it to the last mission in episode 2... 2-3 days later, the aurorae appears, but i don't make to the dam in time. Was I supposed to just retry? Because I've been waiting for the aurorae to appear again for about 3 weeks ingame time...

How often is the aurorae supposed to appear anyway? I'm starting to think I just broke the game, but a verification would be nice.

I had the same problem.

I managed to enter the Dam when Aurora was active, and got inside the control room. There I found a switch I turned on, but nothing seems to have happend. I tried using the elevator, but it didn't work. There was no other ways to go. Then the Aurora disappeared, and lights was off.

I'm starting to get frustrated.

Patch 4 for The Long Dark -- This patch updates the game version to version 1.05 (32319)

WARNING: There may be Story spoilers in these notes.

* Fixed blocking issue where the Aurora would not appear in Episode Two, between completing the Bear Hunt mission and awaiting the aurora's return to get through the Dam. This fix is compatible with current in-progress games so you should not have to restart to benefit from it.

### END OF PATCH NOTES ###

So should be fixed folks!

Good luck...I'm not there yet!

On 4.8.2017 at 11:44 PM, simrune said:

I had the same problem.

I managed to enter the Dam when Aurora was active, and got inside the control room. There I found a switch I turned on, but nothing seems to have happend. I tried using the elevator, but it didn't work. There was no other ways to go. Then the Aurora disappeared, and lights was off.

I'm starting to get frustrated.

I have the SAME problem! When I try to click on call elevator NOTHING happens :-( any solutions?

the voice says something like "I am stuck here for a while" or some like that...

I looked into the problem and came up with this messed up situation >

the power supply switch is OFF despite the fact I flipped the switch ON earlier and I can not switch it back on because the game would say "I have no time to play around"....very buggy and very annoying....only thing I can try to do is to get killed in game and load the last checkpoint, will try that and report asap....

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

That is one workaround that is possible - glad to hear it worked out for you!

Is it possible load a story checkpoint when you've already autosaved by entering a building?  My story has been stuck since August 4th.  Still waiting for a fix, but I'd try an earlier checkpoint to work around the issue if that's possible.

3 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

Is it possible load a story checkpoint when you've already autosaved by entering a building?  My story has been stuck since August 3rd.  Still waiting for a fix, but I'd try an earlier checkpoint to work around the issue if that's possible.

Where are you stuck? The option to load from a Checkpoint will appear upon character death in-game.

Hunting lodge, I filed this bug (with a video):  https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-3124

I looted the note and flashlight before I was on that story step.  When I went back later I got dialog at the rifle (and looted it), and a little dialog at the note but no way to progress it from there -- as shown in the video.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Where are you stuck? The option to load from a Checkpoint will appear upon character death in-game.

So should I kill myself to try the workaround?

9 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

Hunting lodge, I filed this bug (with a video):  https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-3124

I looted the note and flashlight before I was on that story step.  When I went back later I got dialog at the rifle (and looted it), and a little dialog at the note but no way to progress it from there -- as shown in the video.

So should I kill myself to try the workaround?

I can't say for sure whether it will or won't resolve the issue. Sorry you are running into this blocker. But since your game is already saved you can give it a try. 

13 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I can't say for sure whether it will or won't resolve the issue. Sorry you are running into this blocker. But since your game is already saved you can give it a try. 

EDIT: Restarting from a checkpoint didn't change anything.  Still blocked.

Thanks for the help Patrick :)

Stuck, waiting for the Aurora to reappear. Same issue as above. Flipped the switch, then the Aurora left. "I don't have time to mess around" when I hit the switch again. Fortunately, I have enough food and water to hang out with Methuselah, playing cards and wasting time. 8 nights, no Aurora.

Archived