Episode 2- The repair shed

TheBestOfUs

On 8/11/2017 at 8:43 PM, selfless said:

Go down to the ice.  Look around for a downed tree you can walk across.  I believe that is the intended path.

ha also i am finding this level like walking around in circles, Another tree or is it one I need find again? this part is getting really annoying.

im sure i have walked over the tree, i view my map, try to find the area i need to go and is just goes around in circles. missing the bleeding obvious i think? i try view my map and get to that rail repair site. but erm no luck so far no idea why.  and are there any caves in this region i need shelter?

3 hours ago, nicko said:

ha also i am finding this level like walking around in circles, Another tree or is it one I need find again? this part is getting really annoying.

im sure i have walked over the tree, i view my map, try to find the area i need to go and is just goes around in circles. missing the bleeding obvious i think? i try view my map and get to that rail repair site. but erm no luck so far no idea why.  and are there any caves in this region i need shelter?

You're better off just finding a route over the top of the landslide.. takes a bit of jigging around, but it's not too hard. As for caves, they're practically nonexistent. In sandbox on this map, I slept up against some rocks that made a windbreak, huddled by a fire all night, as I had no alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget, if you've conversed and exchanged enough with the old trapper, he'll give you blueprints for a snow shelter which, in this area, is invaluable! I, too, have been wandering around in circles for days long for the path through and the only thing that saved me was killing that wolf for food, the occasional fire, and the snow shelter! I've tried the tree everyone thinks is the way through, not possible. There id's no way to get on it as there's a branch sticking straight up on its base. I may have to give in and check...*shudder*... YouTube! ?

It's actually not too difficult once you get what's happening.

You want to go straight from the start...and then down into the area with the wolf.

If the day is bright you can see the tree bridge you need to cross.

Cross that and make your way back to the rails...head right.

Head right as long as you can you'll hit the landslide. There used to be a way to get over it in both directions but now there's not, so you'll want to head down and make your way around the landslide. Once you head up the other side and hit the railroad you'll head right down the rails.

Following the rails and electrical lines until the Lines turn to the right near a Breyerhauser Truck.

Head to the right following the power lines.

And there you go.

On 8/5/2017 at 10:52 PM, Krib said:

I'm looking for the shed too. I took the advice above and went through to forlorn muskeg, and then to broken rail (that's where the marker is). But there's a landslide blocking the way. There seems to be no way to get around. 

When you get to the landslide, go down the small cliff towards the waterfall to the right. Walk across the frozen river thing, watch out for the wolf that patrols down there. The area is small so he will likely detect you anyway unless you sneak the whole way. Across the river is an incline, and on the side is a broken tree bridge. Cross there and continue on to the other side of the landslide. See map below for visualization.

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.6a9147b9a45d4cc2c6244ea7a714c172.png

• 3 weeks later...

So I am currently on this quest and I think I'm pretty much doomed no matter what I do.  Last save and last checkpoint, I don't think I have a chance.  Would give details but don't want to show spoilers. SO, is there any way I can go back to the start of this Episode?  I really do not want to have to start the game all the way from the beginning........

Archived