C'mon, this is 1.0, and I ruined my hatchet in episode 1 of Wintermute. By hand default is necessary!

Ape88

I know folks have recommended it before and I still stand by it, but having accidentally used the hatchet and subsequently ruined the hatchet in Wintermute, in the process of harvesting meat from a rabbit, I think it is time to renew the idea of having tasks like harvesting meat from a fresh kill default to using our hands or at the very least, provide a warning before we use a hard to find, but very important for survival, item such as the axe or knife.

Ahhhh Grasshoppa ... (From the old Kung Fu tv show, for those who still remember) ..... First rule of wilderness survival is to always be aware of the condition of your survival equipment!

Hinterlands has graciously provided us with the condition level of all equipment, clothing, and food in the game. Who's fault is it if we don't pay attention to that information! :)

5 hours ago, cowboymrh said:

Ahhhh Grasshoppa ... (From the old Kung Fu tv show, for those who still remember) ..... First rule of wilderness survival is to always be aware of the condition of your survival equipment!

Hinterlands has graciously provided us with the condition level of all equipment, clothing, and food in the game. Who's fault is it if we don't pay attention to that information! :)

totally agree

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Amon Triskel said:

True they are good enough to give condition levels of equipment. However IMHO the items conditions deteriorate far too quickly. 

For instance, a whetstone should be able to restore a Hatchet to 100% a couple of times before it wears out 

You were in a hurry to break down something because it does not take long to change it to the hand. You can always press esc to stop breaking something down. And of course never ever let your hatchets and other stuff reach under 20% condition.

Archived