Forums Update

Timber Wolf

On 29. 7. 2017 at 3:25 AM, Thrasador said:

I hope they add a font size option soon. I can’t handle this size font. I have really good eyes and can read small text. I feel like I have a visually impaired setting turned on, or I am reading a baby book....

What browser do you use? If it's Chrome, you can go to your page settings and make the page a bit more distant - it won't just affect the font size, it will make the whole page a bit smaller - but hey, it might just be what you are looking for.

As for the page itself, it's alright. Personally, I liked the previous one a bit better, even though I usually prefer "darker background" forums - they make better use of colored text and effects in my opinion. I think the general layout is alright, but it would be nice to see more of the game in the background. I usually like simple, but this is a bit too plain for my liking.

Here would be few ideas of my own, but I don't think they are very necessary, its more of a prestigious matter anyway.
My perfect solution would be some in-game screenshot of a night which would be in the background and would scroll down along with the page. The actual window of the forums would be a semi-transparent middle bloc (makes it easier to read the text that way), so the screenshot would be a bit blurry in the middle, but bright on the sides which are currently very plain.
In fact, ideally would be to have options for people to select themes, if the Hinterland would want to go that far - to have a bright setting for people who would prefer it, and darker for those like me. Absolutely fancy would be if the screenshots in the background were randomly selected from several pretty screenshots.
Heck, you could even make a community screenshot competition to obtain those background screenshots.

But overall, I am satisfied with how the forums look.

Archived