continually improving realism?

oxygentank

Hi There! This game looks incredible! the visual style, the setting (it looks like what I imagine a Robert Service poem to look like visually) however I have hesitated to purchase it. while almost all of the steam reviews are very positive, the negative ones seem to touch on some crucial points, mainly the realism of the survival elements.

I am wondering what your plans are on a few key points. Do you plan to make it possible to pick up fallen wood? will it become possible to use your knife or other related tools to defend yourself? and almost more importantly will there be a more realistic level of durability to tools and clothing? from what I have seen I feel it would be possible to make this game challenging and highly realistic, and the potential to be a market leader in this area.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if the fluid dynamics of wind could be made so that valleys, mountains and forests alter the direct climate in the immediate area, such as valleys funneling wind columns, and certain vales could be more sheltered (and therefore warmer)? It needn't be anything overly complex, but it bugs me when I see wind trails coming out of a mountainside.

I was wondering if the fluid dynamics of wind could be made so that valleys, mountains and forests alter the direct climate in the immediate area, such as valleys funneling wind columns, and certain vales could be more sheltered (and therefore warmer)? It needn't be anything overly complex, but it bugs me when I see wind trails coming out of a mountainside.

A lot of that is already present -- using trees, rocks, and land areas to block wind, etc

one thing I would like to see implemented in the game is bullet drop and wind factor when using the rifle. Admittedly it doesn't matter when at close ranges, but I'd like to see a scope in future features, perhaps disattached and has to be found separately, make people work for the improvements.

I have managed a few long distance shots (so long that the carcass was 10% frozen by the time I arrived at it) with the ironsights, but a scope would be nice.

Archived