Getting tired after sprinting

exeexe

6 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

I find it hard to believe that its possible to go like this for prolonged amount of time(if at all)

Based on what? Experience? Education? Guesswork?

6 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

And i found nothing online that would elaborate on those calculations, in fact, nothing at all that mentions it.

Try  100 Years Since Scott Reached the Pole: A Century of Learning About the Physiological Demands of Antarctica (Halsey LG, Stroud MA)

Seems too that acclimatization to the cold not only has "no practical significance for survival" but may actually be "counterproductive for man-hauling expeditions in extreme conditions".

Wow. 46000 kilojoules a day for 10 days. All up, that's like 230 Big Macs.

Yeah - where did eskimos get their vitamin C from? (Answer: caribou liver, kelp, whale skin, and seal brain. Lovely.)

Once walked 300km and thought that was a long way. But 2500km?? Looking at snow and ice. And pulling a sled. It's unimaginable. I hate reading about Scott. It always just makes me feel like bursting into tears.

Wow again. I thought that was quite interesting.Thanks for making me find it! There is also a shedload of references for you.

Fiennes, though, served in the British SAS and like all of the elite regiments, these people are as mad as cut snakes. They train people to operate 24 hours a day for days on end under very harsh physical, psychological and environmental conditions. I suspect that if you really wanted to see what was possible in the way of human energy expenditure, at least in the short term, you might look there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived