First-Person Presence for eating and ... !!! POLL

alone sniper

First-Person Presence   

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

According to the roadmap, improving first person presence ("low hanging fruit" as they say there, no idea what that means. @Patrick Carlson can you clear that up for us?) seems to be a development goal, and since we recently got some (awesome!) first-person animations, I think the things you mentioned are no far cry I guess. Though I suppose tool animations etc. will come sooner, but what do I know :D 

First-Aid is definitely the thing I'd like to see done next, followed by tool usage, firelighting, drinking, eating in that order. Oh, and I'd like to finally have arms on my firearms ;) 

1 minute ago, Wastelander said:

According to the roadmap, improving first person presence ("low hanging fruit" as they say there, no idea what that means. @Patrick Carlson can you clear that up for us?) seems to be a development goal, and since we recently got some (awesome!) first-person animations, I think the things you mentioned are no far cry I guess. Though I suppose tool animations etc. will come sooner, but what do I know :D 

First-Aid is definitely the thing I'd like to see done next, followed by tool usage, firelighting, drinking, eating in that order. Oh, and I'd like to finally have arms on my firearms ;) 

How about seeing your foot ??? 

Just now, alone sniper said:

Nope !!! 

I trade them !!! B|:D:D:D:D:D

Absolutely plebeian. I, for one, never travel the frozen wastes of what was once human civilization without at least my cutlery, my chinese tea set, my monocle and, of course, my trusty wolf-butler Fluffy McFluffington,

Back on topic, what do you guys think about first-person deer-dressing? Good idea or would such a gory thing drive up the game's rating? 

Well, it doesn't matter what we think - the ESRB is the last instance here. I could argue all day that it's educational for kids to see that the world isn't just sunshine and rainbows but also violent and unfair, that meat comes from slaughtering animals and that their lives will probably be horrible, but the ESRB doesn't really care about my opinion.

I greatly fear the addition of animation, it might slow the game down to a crawl. There's a few games, and I remember a lot of Nintendo games, where ever time you did something, a cut scene would play. Each... and every... time... If they were skippable, then cool, but every time I played The Hunted Challenge, I kept mindlessly hitting the escape key thinking, "just almost kill me already". I did almost pee myself the first time.

Well, as long as activities take roughly the same time as they do know, it should be okay I guess. Stab the knife into the deers gut while time accelerates, let the character take a quick sip from the water bottle, eat a spoonful of pork&beans... helps immersion but doesn't slow down the game any more than those activities do in the first place I guess.

Yeah I saw the hands, and they're a good addition, but I mean, seeing myself melting snow a thousand times would get VERY old, and would the animation be longer if I melted .5 liters compared to 5?

Like, when I kill a bear, and I have 30 pounds of meat, and say I fry up most of it in one sitting, I'm already impatient waiting for the bar to fill up 30 times in a row, if I was watching myself gill up 30 steaks all in a row, I'd be very bored. And I absolutely do not want a "fry the meat" mini game, oy that'd be dull. But seeing my char do everything at 50 times speed would be fun and funny enough not to be boring.

EDIT: I would NOT like eating animation though. I find eating somewhat gross, so skipping would need to be essential or I'd have to turn away from the screen every time.

That's a very good point actually. Perhaps we should really limit first person interaction to stuff we hold in our hands, i.e. light sources and weapons.

Oh, and about cooking: A new cooking system is on the roadmap where cooking happens sort of passively so you can do other stuff while your food gets hot.

2 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

That's a very good point actually. Perhaps we should really limit first person interaction to stuff we hold in our hands, i.e. light sources and weapons.

Oh, and about cooking: A new cooking system is on the roadmap where cooking happens sort of passively so you can do other stuff while your food gets hot.

Passive cooking, maybe the threat of burning and ruining the food? Plus, plus, plus, plus, plus, plus, plus, plus.

Archived