Add a lighter to the game

Rifleman

5 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Oooh, omg omg that gave me an idea. So you know how separate body parts will get separate warmth bonuses? Doesnt that mean matches and lighters would warm your hands? (And possibly face)

That's actually a very good point - it's kind of hard warming up your legs and feet with a match or lighter :D

In order not to derail the topic completely, here's my take on it: Yes! Should be a rare find though and use accelerant as fuel. Also, I do believe the warmth bonus is too large - it's a lighter, not a blowtorch ;) +1°c would completely suffice. Another effect could be a bonus on firestarting since matches can sometimes randomly go out whereas with lighters, especially storm lighters such as Zippos, that's less of a concern.

37 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

That's actually a very good point - it's kind of hard warming up your legs and feet with a match or lighter :D

In order not to derail the topic completely, here's my take on it: Yes! Should be a rare find though and use accelerant as fuel. Also, I do believe the warmth bonus is too large - it's a lighter, not a blowtorch ;) +1°c would completely suffice. Another effect could be a bonus on firestarting since matches can sometimes randomly go out whereas with lighters, especially storm lighters such as Zippos, that's less of a concern.

If you hold a lighter for a long time it gets very hot. Also a match gives you +1°c and it's less valuable then a lighter.

Archived