Wolf interdiction

EternityTide

I'm currently housebound in the quonset gas station because a pack of three wolves is patrolling the Coastal Townsite. Initially it was 4, now it is 3, with the dead wolf sitting on my doorstep, but I can't harvest it for meat because of its buddy's who keep attacking me every time I go outside. They've been out there for 4 days now, and show no signs of moving.

What I would like to suggest is that wolf corpses create a temporary "no-go" area around it for wolves, as the scent of dead wolf would scare them off. This would help especially in deadlock situations like mine.

You could always start a fire indoors, pick up a brand and head out wielding it, which has high chances of making them flee; but and also inmediately create another fire outside with the brand, which will make them flee 100%.

This is a great opportunity for me to say the classic, "been there, done that". The Quonset gas station can become a wolf trap at times! :) 

Pff, wolves are so easy to fool, run away from or beat and you want to make them even easier. Seriously ?!?!

Especially with absurd ideas like "no-go area". We already have completely idiotic situation when wolves just sit there and wait when player starts fire under them, now this. Cant get out front, get out from the back. Cant harvest carcass, well, tough luck.

I do not tolerate wolves in my immediate living space.

If I want to live at Coastal Townsite, then the wolves aren't allowed to! Shoot them on sight, then leave the bodies to rot without harvesting: that way they don't respawn so often.

Another alternative - slightly less ammo consumingly - is not to live in the gas station itself. Set up your home in one of the houses near the edge of the townsite, where the wolves aren't right outside the door, and only go to the gas station when you want to craft (and the wolves aren't about).

Also, if you are near a campfire, or are in the process of lighting one, wolves will always run away rather than attack you when they get close. This is a bit naff, in my opinion, and I hope they change it. But it works.

Archived