modify a thing

TigercatX

Hello everyone I want to change a thing, in easy mode if is possible I want to remove the deleted game, It's an easy mode, If you can I want to do this because easy mode is for new players and this is not soo good. But is a good idea to add the save position when the player sleeps in a bed or in his bedroll. Please add theese feature in future, thanks.

TigercatX

When I die I will lost the game, in easy too. I want to remove this feature in easy mode and to re-spawn to the last savegame ONLY IN EASY, and if you can insert back the old sounds, their're was soo better more of new sounds, for example the discovered location sound sorry but this new is a s---t (SORRY FOR LANGUAGE), and the old musics too, I want to re-insert theese old sounds.

Pilgrim is not so much an "easy" mode as more a "enjoy the scenery without the fear of wolves munching on your toes every time you sleep outside".

As for removing permadeath, I ask: why? Permadeath is an inherent part of the game. The challenge is the fact that you can't jump back to a save the moment you make a mistake that costs you your life.

I can compare it with my experiences playing stealth games. It becomes very easy to progress through the game when every mistake can be fixed by falling back to your last save. But, when you play the stealth game on "Master" level, where if you die, you have to start all the way back from the beginning, you find that all your previous experience doesn't help you.

So in my opinion, losing your save on death should be present in all difficulties, otherwise it's not a very good method of training for harder difficulties.

6 hours ago, TLD Survivalist said:

Git Gud

Git lozt.

Altho it could be an option for easy mode, to have reload. Since its mostly played by new players, who are trying to learn game, it could be get-out-of-jail-card type of feature. Most of experienced players neither play this mode nor they need it.

2 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

Although it could be an option for easy mode, to have reload. Since its mostly played by new players, who are trying to learn game, it could be get-out-of-jail-card type of feature. Most of experienced players neither play this mode nor they need it.

But why? It doesn't actually help new players at all. The threat of imminent death is what drives the person to learn. "Throw them in at the deep end" is an effective method of teaching in this case.

I learned the basics within one playthrough, and it took two or three more tries before I started hitting the 50 day mark. Going back to a previous save just makes people reliant on something that does not exist in higher levels, so it doesn't help them.

The fact is, if you are dying in pilgrim, you are doing something wrong, big time. Either you are not planning ahead or you have hit the worst possible luck imaginable.

Exactly, thank you... Learn and adapt to NOT die easily.... And its Pilgrim, after the first death of learning mechanics I had to quit Pilgrim cause there is NO REAL CHALLENGE (Maybe pay closer attention to your vitals?)... Reverting back to saves is a lazy, "hardcore-casual" way of playing and your more bound to NOT learn from those experiences than you would... In short git gud and get over the permadeath... Taking that out would gut the suspense of knocking on deaths door

19 hours ago, EternityTide said:

But why? It doesn't actually help new players at all. The threat of imminent death is what drives the person to learn. "Throw them in at the deep end" is an effective method of teaching in this case.

I learned the basics within one playthrough, and it took two or three more tries before I started hitting the 50 day mark. Going back to a previous save just makes people reliant on something that does not exist in higher levels, so it doesn't help them.

The fact is, if you are dying in pilgrim, you are doing something wrong, big time. Either you are not planning ahead or you have hit the worst possible luck imaginable.

Reason is fairly simple from my point of view. Its an easiest mode, and since game doesnt have tutorial it will take new players some time to figure out what is what and i mean literally, ingame time, where youre freezing and just standing there thinking what to do next. And you have no idea. And then you just die, make some progress and die again, and again and again. Its frustrating and unnecessary to restart every time when you made a bit of progress.

We are talking about game after all. And if player finds game, in the beginning 2 frustrating, he will simply quit. And thats another player lost and i sincerely hope that Hinterland is not like majority of major publishers who only care about getting your money and then youre on your own. New players must be eased in step-by-step, and that deep end approach will only scare them away.

If you wannt a challenge you simply play harder mode, but since there is no intro to the game there is simply no point of making learning curve 2 steep. Game is about enjoyment, not banging your head against the wall again and again till one of them gives up. Imagine Witcher 3 without save feature - you either play whole game in one go or you restart every day a new game. New players should be learning, but that learning experience shouldnt be overly punishing.

Archived