Falconry?? (hunting with eagle) (poll!!!)

alone sniper

falconry  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi again guys!!!:)
How are you? ;)

so, I know it's early (maybe not!!) to talk about hunting with companion animal. but as we talked about dog as a companion (and it didn't go well).

I think eagle is more reasonable and realistic. 

If you have any Idea about other usage or something. i be happy yo know it.!!!!!!!!

thanks for reading !!!^_^

i'm unsure on this matter, falconry takes YEARS of practice, even if it was made into an unrealistic type of thing like in farcry primal, I think it would be awesome, but falcons have trouble flying in this weather. I think the coolest idea would be to hatch an owl egg and you would have to feed it, it wouldn't sit on your arm or anything. but the bird would have something called an "Imprint" meaning, it thinks your its mother, so I think it would be awesome if your pet owl would swoop down and drop like half a kilogram of meat in front of you. It would fly close behind you as well, high up, like a crow.

1 minute ago, Docterrok said:

i'm unsure on this matter, falconry takes YEARS of practice, even if it was made into an unrealistic type of thing like in farcry primal, I think it would be awesome, but falcons have trouble flying in this weather. I think the coolest idea would be to hatch an owl egg and you would have to feed it, it wouldn't sit on your arm or anything. but the bird would have something called an "Imprint" meaning, it thinks your its mother, so I think it would be awesome if your pet owl would swoop down and drop like half a kilogram of meat in front of you. It would fly close behind you as well, high up, like a crow.

ok. 
thanks for post. 
how about find  eagle over a random corpse? I mean it solve "can't domestic wild animal in a short time" problem.
and by the way owl is good idea.

Just now, Docterrok said:

eagle usually don't eat carrion (corpses) , and fyi! Eagles live a little more south, owls and falcons are usually the top predator birds in canada! ^_^

oh. thanks for letting me know!!!!!

but should it die? do we need any special medicine for it?

Seems a little odd. Use rather see crows spawn over deer that you wound and run away. Simple mechanic, easy to implement, realistic and help find wounded animals that later die.

Also, wounded animals should not try to return to their original territory. They should just keep moving randomly around the region. Makes blood trails more important to follow.

nah, animal in the wild usually dont need medicine! ^_^

i think when you go outside it finds a perch, when you leave, it will make different noises according to its condition.

you are right. I think feeding bird is sufficient. 

can't do anything about birds' condition:(

and yes, it should eventually die, making it so you need to find a new one.

as for hatching...

Barn owls usually lay 5 to 6 eggs. The female starts incubating the eggs as soon as the first egg is laid, and lays an egg every 2-3 days.The eggs hatch after 31-32 days incubation, and will hatch in the order they were laid (ie 2-3 day intervals).

and feeding it

They will eat almost anything that has meat on it, including mammals, birds and reptiles, but they also will eat insects, fish and worms. Some owls specialize in catching bats, and others seem to like frogs and crayfish.

there nest should be found on rock faces that can only be accessed with climbers rope. risk having the mother owl claw at your face if your not quick enough. making acquiring a egg, risky.

and about egg?

you can pick 3 and eat 2 of them!!!:P

but how to take care of the egg?

33 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

never eat eggs from predator birds, the bird inside develops rather quickly, so instead of an egg, youd crack open a tiny little bird.

not sure. but i saw something on internet about eskimos. 
they are eating owls' egg. 

1 hour ago, alone sniper said:

not true. 

you only see deer that killed by wolves before you arrive !! (forgot the word!!)

Right now crows spawn above dead deer that spawn as dead deer at select locations. 

Im saying, as a wish list item, crows should spawn above all dead deer after some time. That way when you wound a deer and it runs off, you follow the blood trail for a while and then look for crows. 

14 minutes ago, ShawnB said:

Right now crows spawn above dead deer that spawn as dead deer at select locations. 

Im saying, as a wish list item, crows should spawn above all dead deer after some time. That way when you wound a deer and it runs off, you follow the blood trail for a while and then look for crows. 

well, that's a good idea. 

Congratulations for your imagination and creativity, this topic is actually one of the very few ones that haven't been suggested before as far as I remember! :big_smile:

As for the suggestion itself, I honestly have to admit I doubt it fits with Will's or Astrid's narrative background. It's just a bit too far fetched for my taste that a bushpilot or a doctor would know how to train a falcon, let alone an eagle or an owl. :winky:

Archived