Technically not a game bug . . .

Starting last night I started seeing this screen when I go to this web forum (hinterlandforums.com). It lasts less than 5 seconds then I end up here at the forum.

I am not sure if it is intended to happen or a sign of something worse? I do not see this when I go to other websites and other forums. 

Duplicated on both my laptop and desktop Macs, both of which are updated on their iOS and Safari (my browser of choice).

I've included a screenshot. Let me know if you added something new to the security features of your website or if this is not supposed to happen.

Thanks. 

5775dabd34691_ScreenShot2016-06-30at9.45

Nope. I get it when I first log into the site. Then that's it. Once I'm logged in, I don't see it anymore. 

But if I navigate away from hinterlandforums.com, then log back in, it's there again. And it's not connected to IP activity, either. Most of the time I just browse the forums without posting anything. No time . . . 

I'm just a little concerned because working in technology like I do, I'm aware of the creative way hackers get your information. Like the Microsoft Support screen telling you that your PC is in imminent danger, call this support number right now. The irony of it is, I'm in my Mac OS. Um, riiiiight.

3 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

Nope. I get it when I first log into the site. Then that's it. Once I'm logged in, I don't see it anymore. 

But if I navigate away from hinterlandforums.com, then log back in, it's there again. And it's not connected to IP activity, either. Most of the time I just browse the forums without posting anything. No time . . . 

I'm just a little concerned because working in technology like I do, I'm aware of the creative way hackers get your information. Like the Microsoft Support screen telling you that your PC is in imminent danger, call this support number right now. The irony of it is, I'm in my Mac OS. Um, riiiiight.

That's like all the messages I get that my iTunes account is vulnerable when I don't even have one :big_smile:

Hi there! As someone who is a hacker for a living (ethically), CloudFlare is a reputable service that helps prevent DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks from jerks who might try to take the site down with a tsunami of pings or other nefarious deeds. No worries on your info. If anything, CloudFlare is keeping your info safer.

Fun fact: this site does a better job protecting your info than a lot of credit unions or small banks. ;)

As someone who has received "official" emails from supposedly from real institutions that I've never done business with, I'm leery of anything that looks official because what's going to stop a hacker from copypasta-ing official logos and even screenshots into something that is potentially misleading. 

I will feel better if I hear something from Hinterland saying they have actually instituted this service. That's all.

19 minutes ago, hauteecolerider said:

As someone who has received "official" emails from supposedly from real institutions that I've never done business with, I'm leery of anything that looks official because what's going to stop a hacker from copypasta-ing official logos and even screenshots into something that is potentially misleading. 

I will feel better if I hear something from Hinterland saying they have actually instituted this service. That's all.

Just as a heads-up, I have seen a lot of different sites using this service. Last virus-scan turned out clean. And then there's what @Vilespectre said.

Archived