PLEASE MORE REGIONS

Smileyattack

I totally understand your working on story mode for us the players but please have a small group working on new regions every time I create a new sandbox I end up going to the same place and finding the same things and having to go to a different region to get supplies but that region turns into another region and next thing I know I've explored all of the regions so please make something a few little houses will work GOD anything will work maybe a little village that would be awesome thanks for reading 

Story mode will have new regions for it which will be story-mode exclusive last I heard.

What I'd personally like to see is a little village as you mentioned, perhaps with the airstrip where good ol' Will was supposed to land, just to add some bitter irony (and a cluster of eerie lights once aurorae are implemented!)

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Smileyattack said:

That would be awesome and maybe will could be like "well I'm here and it almost killed me"

I always wondered where the plane was supposed to be going anyway. Can't have been flying too high considering the crash apparently didn't kill Will so the airstrip must have been nearby.

On 6/10/2016 at 2:48 AM, Wastelander said:

What I'd personally like to see is a little village as you mentioned, perhaps with the airstrip where good ol' Will was supposed to land, just to add some bitter irony (and a cluster of eerie lights once aurorae are implemented!)

Hah! I love it, "Didn't think I'd have to get here by foot"

Sam

40 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That's the PERFECT quote for that situation!

As a buddy of mine says, "My moments of genius are rare, but I do have them!"

To be honest, that's just the first thing I'd probably say given the same situation, I like a bit of humor in a bad situation and comments like that can really lighten up the mood.

Sam

1 minute ago, Rusty_Old_F250 said:

As a buddy of mine says, "My moments of genius are rare, but I do have them!"

To be honest, that's just the first thing I'd probably say given the same situation, I like a bit of humor in a bad situation and comments like that can really lighten up the mood.

Sam

I also, unironically, want something like this at the beginning of the game:

now what i would REALLY like to see, is an airport. nothing so small as an airstrip, but nothing near as large as international. just, a small airport with a couple idle planes resting on the runways. youd be able to scavenge from luggage found here to get clothes, medical supplies, maybe even a gun tucked away in someones suitcase with an unsettling remark from will, wondering how it got on the plane. youd be able to loot the cockpit to grab emergency supplies, and might even be able to find some airline food lying about :)

i don't know how common such an airport would be in this part of the world, but it would be REALLY neat to explore!

9 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

now what i would REALLY like to see, is an airport. nothing so small as an airstrip, but nothing near as large as international. just, a small airport with a couple idle planes resting on the runways. youd be able to scavenge from luggage found here to get clothes, medical supplies, maybe even a gun tucked away in someones suitcase with an unsettling remark from will, wondering how it got on the plane. youd be able to loot the cockpit to grab emergency supplies, and might even be able to find some airline food lying about :)

i don't know how common such an airport would be in this part of the world, but it would be REALLY neat to explore!

loemuehle.jpg

Something like this? it's pretty near to my town, you can google it - Flugplatz Loemühle

18 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

loemuehle.jpg

Something like this? it's pretty near to my town, you can google it - Flugplatz Loemühle

if devs add location like this to the game. 
it should be crowded with NPCs that don't like company!!!!
or a big trade center!!

9 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

+1

4 hours ago, alone sniper said:

if devs add location like this to the game. 
it should be crowded with NPCs that don't like company!!!!
or a big trade center!!

i go gotta say, i disagree with you there. i do want trade and hostile survivors, dont get me wrong, however putting big heards of people together would make it feel too much like fallout or something. i'd much rather prefer most locations be abandoned, save maybe a house, tent or cabin that a survivor or two would be holed up in. i think it'd be a much more "the long dark" feel if people all went their own seperate way to survive, rather than bonding together in groups.

3 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

i go gotta say, i disagree with you there. i do want trade and hostile survivors, dont get me wrong, however putting big heards of people together would make it feel too much like fallout or something. i'd much rather prefer most locations be abandoned, save maybe a house, tent or cabin that a survivor or two would be holed up in. i think it'd be a much more "the long dark" feel if people all went their own seperate way to survive, rather than bonding together in groups.

i think you are right about it. 
i don't want TLD to become fallout.

The place is kinda neat actually - it's mainly used for recreative flying, so you'll see a huge lot of Cessnas. There's also a tiny restaurant you can see in the picture - the waffles they serve are dope, at least the last time I ate there (which, admittedly, was almost two decades ago). It also works close together with my uni - whenever the department of archeology needs to make aerial photos of an area, this is where they start and land.

5 hours ago, Wastelander said:

The place is kinda neat actually - it's mainly used for recreative flying, so you'll see a huge lot of Cessnas. There's also a tiny restaurant you can see in the picture - the waffles they serve are dope, at least the last time I ate there (which, admittedly, was almost two decades ago). It also works close together with my uni - whenever the department of archeology needs to make aerial photos of an area, this is where they start and land.

that's what my flight lessons are gonna be in - a Cessna 172 :D
though once i pursue my bush pilot dream, im gonna want a Dehavilland, just like good ol Will Mackenzie ;)

On 10-6-2016 at 4:41 AM, Smileyattack said:

I totally understand your working on story mode for us the players but please have a small group working on new regions every time I create a new sandbox I end up going to the same place and finding the same things and having to go to a different region to get supplies but that region turns into another region and next thing I know I've explored all of the regions so please make something a few little houses will work GOD anything will work maybe a little village that would be awesome thanks for reading 

More regions and a mode between Pilgrim and Voyager is what I would like to see most to happen in the future.

But easy to say for me... I have no idea how game development works. But I can imagine building those area's will take a huge amount of work. Praise to people from Hinterland who make them, the scenery is beautiful!

Archived