Forum challenge: Distance

June

10 hours ago, Vhalkyrie said:

I, too, am curious who the long distance travellers are!

Easy to tell in theory: Those who survive longest without hibernation (~ about 1600kcal or more per day on average).

The need to go hunting regularly to gather enough food usually makes non-hibernators cover greater distances than those surviving an equal amount of days by killing one bear and sleeping a month afterwards. Exceptions (e.g. perma-starving nomads moving around all day long just for fun) probably exist, but they're most likely very rare.

Something I noticed from these pics.  The bottom right hand corner we all have different things.  I have "number of can openers found" (yay?)  June has "number of blizzards survived".  Drifter has "meat consumed".  Is this random?  Is this changeable somehow?  I really don't care about my can opener stats!

16 minutes ago, Vhalkyrie said:

Something I noticed from these pics.  The bottom right hand corner we all have different things.  I have "number of can openers found" (yay?)  June has "number of blizzards survived".  Drifter has "meat consumed".  Is this random?  Is this changeable somehow?  I really don't care about my can opener stats!

Everytime you open up the stat screen, that specific one changes. Everytime ^^

10 hours ago, Scyzara said:

Easy to tell in theory: Those who survive longest without hibernation (~ about 1600kcal or more per day on average).

The need to go hunting regularly to gather enough food usually makes non-hibernators cover greater distances than those surviving an equal amount of days by killing one bear and sleeping a month afterwards. Exceptions (e.g. perma-starving nomads moving around all day long just for fun) probably exist, but they're most likely very rare.

Probably true. I don't travel out of "Wanderlust" - I walk out about every other day to hunt, check snares or collect sticks.

Most of my walk time is with purpose, sure, but much of it is leisurely as well.  Yes, I walk to check snares, go fishing/hunting, but I also walk to climb up hills and take pictures at sunset.  I've always been a screenshot 'tourist' in games (you should see my Skyrim photo albums!).  I have a pretty well established base, so at this point I do things that I want to do, rather than must do.  I am also a map completionist, so I want to travel everywhere.  The biggest danger at this stage in my adventure is recreational - I don't have to go look at the unexplored corners, but I wonder what's there?

Archived