Split screen co-op & wolf inside dam generator room

Danny PeaceMan

Forget online co-op, would split screen be atleast slightly more possible. 

What about having to worry about a tree falling onto you due to strong wind?

Purhapse the cabin your staying at caught fire and is forceing you to relocate grabbing as much as you can before it turns to ash and becomes useless. I mean plenty of other nonenterable cabins have clearly already burned down.

And the dam in mystery lake...it had a wolf in it. I had grabbed an energy bar off a frozen corps in the bottom generator room just to hear a howl coming from somewhere behind me, in the dark....I turned around to be tackled by this wolf. Then I had to haulass in the dark because he knocked the torch from my hands to find my way out of the dam with a wolf chasing me. Is that SUPPOSED to happen? Or was it a glitch spawn for wolfs...

I don't know about anyone else but not really keen on any co-op modes, pretty sure the game is designed to stimulate a feeling of isolation and any kind of multi-player would ruin that.

2 hours ago, Danny PeaceMan said:

And the dam in mystery lake...it had a wolf in it. I had grabbed an energy bar off a frozen corps in the bottom generator room just to hear a howl coming from somewhere behind me, in the dark....I turned around to be tackled by this wolf. Then I had to haulass in the dark because he knocked the torch from my hands to find my way out of the dam with a wolf chasing me. Is that SUPPOSED to happen? Or was it a glitch spawn for wolfs...

I see you met "Fluffy!" :winky:

So fluffy is supposed to be there. Eh, from time to time.

And okay, I get it...isolation.

Vut take this, you and a buddy go on a fishing trip/hunting/climbing/hiking trip ect. You both get lost and try to survive.

Better yet ypu both survive a plane crash. Either you and a pilot or again, could be a buddy.

4 hours ago, Danny PeaceMan said:

When you turned around, you may have accidentally have moved into the attack zone of the wolf.

On 29.2.2016 at 4:55 PM, Danny PeaceMan said:

Purhapse the cabin your staying at caught fire and is forceing you to relocate grabbing as much as you can before it turns to ash and becomes useless. I mean plenty of other nonenterable cabins have clearly already burned down.

- I neither think that splittscreen is viable and I actually think that lan solutions would be easier, but I don't know since I have no idea what splittscreen takes. 

- In this game, I guess trees are programed as non-interactable parts of the map, just like rocks and huts/cabins. Atleast that is my assumption. You can neither chop down trees soo... 

-That leads to your cabin, which is also stationary. There are easier and more logical ways to force someone to relocate. See for example my post here: 

- The wolf in the damn dam. Yea I died to fluffy as well in my first encounter. was so happy to have found 'safe' shelter... well he will always be there untill you get rid of him once, He does not respawn (as far as I know) and there is a logical as well as gameplay related reason for the wolf being there :) First and foremost it's a barrier making exiting the area and looting this resource stuffed place more tense. 

On 29.2.2016 at 4:55 PM, Danny PeaceMan said:

ONLINE? CO_OP? SPLIT SCREEN? What is your point man? TLD is THE ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GAME you can't share that with someone. Every person should experience TLD on their own there are many issues to be considered like sleeping, melting water, sowing clothes, crafting each of these actions advances time which is impossible to recreate in multiplayer environment. Multiplayer games are all about contest, quests, achievements ect   none of which appeal to this game. TLD is real survival-ism in fact it is the only true survival  game there is. There are many multiplayer games that use similar apocalyptic themes and are good but they are not really about survival there are new DLC's and updates every day about tons of content that rarely brings anything new  just more and more decor which has nothing to do with survival, TLD however has none of those things. I read posts about more content every day the community is pressing for more decor options to customize everything but DEVS are staying true to their word and do not deviate from their goal. TLD is it's own category it's not typical RPG it is not  typical FPS, if I have to categorize it I would say survival simulator which is  not 100% the correct term. Also it has permadeath which reminds me on the old classical dos games I played growing up a flavor that was lost with time, in order to make the games more appealing to the general public.  

And yea I believe Fluffy already explained you what kind of game TLD is ;) , I hope that in time you wold master it and love it just as much as I do.

i love the idea of co-op in this game. i know that there would have to be MANY compromises made to the current version of the game to make it possible. and while i do agree that it should be a thoughtful, solo experience, i also can't help but imagine how awesome it would be to grab one of my friends or my brother and binge on it all night long, surviving together in the long dark. you have to admit, that would be pretty cool :P

While im not quite opposed to coop mode, i dont really see it working withotu some major changes to gameplay. And i have serious doubts that implementing any of those would actually improve game.

If any of coop proponents would come up with how to deal with time speed issue during various activities, like sleep of crafting or cooking or fishing or carcass harvesting, then it could be viable, till then its a no-go.

Then theres issues of stealing, griefing and lagging.

Plus, as far as ive seen game has no networking component at all.

13 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

i love the idea of co-op in this game. i know that there would have to be MANY compromises made to the current version of the game to make it possible. and while i do agree that it should be a thoughtful, solo experience, i also can't help but imagine how awesome it would be to grab one of my friends or my brother and binge on it all night long, surviving together in the long dark. you have to admit, that would be pretty cool :P

Well I wish that too but it is what it is, it can't be done without spoiling the essence of the game in the story mode maybe there could be  a co-op goal of some sorts where two people could interact for a brief period of time and than go their separate ways I guess. This is the best I can think that will not brake the game.

Archived