Domesticating wolves (in sandbox mode)?

C34H32N4O4Fe

Whenever I see canned dog food, I get a wish to give it to the wolves instead of eating it.

It would be awesome if we could domesticate wolves (except, perhaps, Fluffy). Obviously, domestiated wolves would need to be fed and cared for, and the increased difficulty of managing a pack would surely offset the easier acquisition of deer/rabbit meat.

I imagine this would break the game in story mode, but I think it would make sandbox mode even better than it already is.

Thanks for making one of the best games I've played (and that's just the alpha). :)

Not everything in the game is 100% realistic..

True. But domesticating wolves is just out of the questions. If you found a pup, you might be able to do it, but as far as I have heard, even that is a lot harder that with dogs.

You can play that Dino game, if you want to train animals... what is it called? Ark?

If you had them as a pup and they grew alongside you, i'm sure it would work out fine wild or not.

No, actually, it doesn't.

You have to start working with the animal before they develop their senses of smell, ideally before 18 days after birth. After that, they are untamable.

And even then, you can't "domesticate" wolves, you just "dominate" them so they know whos boss. They will be constantly fighting you for dominance.

"Domestication" isn't just training, it is actually artificial selection for genetic modification. The domestication of the dog from the wolf took thousands of years, and as a result, dogs are actually a subspecies of wolf, Canis lupis familiaris

Whenever I see canned dog food, I get a wish to give it to the wolves instead of eating it.

It would be awesome if we could domesticate wolves (except, perhaps, Fluffy). Obviously, domestiated wolves would need to be fed and cared for, and the increased difficulty of managing a pack would surely offset the easier acquisition of deer/rabbit meat.

I imagine this would break the game in story mode, but I think it would make sandbox mode even better than it already is.

Thanks for making one of the best games I've played (and that's just the alpha). :)

Domestication... I don't think that word means what you seem to think it does.

Tame a wolf? Not sure why dogfood is going to make that any easier than giving a wolf any scraps. I think on the steam forum someone suggested being able to find a husky puppy and raise it as your companion animal or possibly eat it.

Archived