Denyo is back !! With feedback on recent improvements.

Denyo

Well...hello,my dear Hinterlad team and my dear old good The Long Dark frends!! :D

It has been really loooong time since I played game and visited these forums.I think it was on september my last time I was here.I had to take a break coz of real life matters and coz I really needed to get away from game for a whille.You know that if you play any game continuously,you get to a point,when you get either bored or you lose interest,starting asking yourself questions: "Why I should play game? What I will get,if I play it?"...etc.

But,as I said,I am back now! :D And I must admit,that game hooked me competely again,as soon I started to play it. :D I am really,really happy,that I took a break from game.Which I would seriously reccomend to everyone.Just take few months break,when you feel kind of bored or not that hooked anymore, and then return back to game.Now is for me everything so new and I feel like I never played game before.With all updates and improvements,which were added to game,whille I was away from it,I am discovering game again,from scratch.I forgot many things,which I learned before and knew them,but I am glad I did.I started my first run...in stalker mode,of course. :D I was so full of selfconfidience and I started in old good Mystery Lake.And...what happened? :) I was dead on third day,lol.Death of wolf attack,of course. :lol: I underestimated game so much and my first lesson was like cold shower over my full of pride head. :)

I didn`t read,what are contains of new regions added,in fact I readed and watched as less i could.Sadly,I oredi know there is a plane wreckage in Timber Wolf Mountain. :( I accidentaly read one of my frend Scyzara posts,where that was revealed.Oh,how amazing discovery that would be for me!! So,please,guys...if you make comment under my post here,don`t tell me anything.I deleted all my maps of regions I had saved,I don`t watch videos,anything.I really want to discover all regions by myself and have that great pleasure of disc overies.

Ok,so,now I am on my second run,and I started in Pleasant Valley this time.I am currently on day 23 and slowly gathering material for wolf coat,deerskin boots and rabbitskin mittens.And,first of all i must have my hat off(again!) to Mr.Dave Chan and his team for creating stunning and really beatuyfull sound effects and audio sounds.You know,that in TLD I am really in love with audio and every time I play game,I am impressed with discoveries of new sounds and their role in game.I love that bird sound in PV,which sound like an owl,but is not.I oredi learned,that bird is giving out voices in certain intervals.And I use it to find,if any of predator is in my vicinity.If i am infront of area,which is covered to my wiew with slopes or obstacles,I just wait for bird sound.If her voice stops then I know wildlife predators are quite near.

I also love crows announcing bad weather is comming and wind sounds,which indicates change of weather.I love also all sounds of sorroundings and yearning of trees.I love those metalic sounds,which tells me,that I am near building or man made objects,which helps especially during fog and blizzard.

One thing is only kind of weird to me and that is sound,when character is walking.It is like he has metal plates arround shoes and pants and like he is wearing bunch of empty tin cans,like car with just married cupple. :D

Then there is most important part of game...graphics.I have only one sentence for you here,dear Hinterland team: You exceeded yourselves! :D Again! :D I cannot describe,how good graphics are in game.Everything is so real and so beautyfull! I have no words to describe my feelings,whille absorbing all those graphic effects.

Oh...I just realised,that there is too much I want to say. :lol: So I) will make other feedbacks,where I will touch certain things and events in game.When I will play longer,I will make feedback about wolves,regions,etc.So,for first time,this is my feedback.I don`t want post to be too long and boring to read.

But I can assure you,that I am full of impressions and can`t wait for my next discoveries.I think Sandbox is now so big,that it ensures playing for months.I will slowly discover old maps and new ones and enjoy in every moment of playing. :)

So...thank you,dear Hinterland team,to share with us this vision of yours and creativity of yours.Once again I feel so proud to belong to one such great and valuable community,where i can be a part of audience,present at evolving of this masterpiece,called The Long Dark.

Once again I say hello again to old frends of mine! :D ChillPlayer,Scyzara,Bill Tarling and others...I hope you still enjoy in this beauty of game. :D

Respect to the Mother Nature!

Welcome back! :)

As I don't want to spoiler anything, I'll simply say: Build yourself a bow as soon as possible! Santa brought you the Christmas gift you wished for! :lol:

:?: Hmmm... a Christmass gift? :) Dang...this intrigues me so hard. :lol: Till now I found only birch samplings,or how they are called,yet.And must stock myself with basic supplies first,before i can go in exploring of PV.I really forgot many things of this game. :)

Well,I guess i will have to get that bow and see,what gift was brought into game,lol.Atm I have no clue and many things,what that gift could be,are running trough my head.But best present for me it would be,if that reticle would be given back to game,but I noticed it still highlightens only when I am near object. :) It would be awesome getting back on my famous bow hunting skills,but ok...I can live without it. :D

I hope you are enjoying in game,Scy.And that you became master of survival,lol.You will be my teacher,when hard times comes for me. :lol:

Ah, Denyo, I was beginning to ask myself where you had gone to. Good to see you're back. It is strange - I really like reading very much how enthusiastic you are about the game, and how much joy the little details, the sounds, graphics and everything bring to you. Reading that, I am overjoyed as well. Your happiness makes me happy, too. :D

Anyway, you also remind me that we should pause now and again and appreciate how much the devs have accomplished in 2015 and how great this game already is. I tend to make suggestions how to improve it or at least what I would like to see in the game all the time, but really, I should express now and then how awesome the game is.

Scyzara started a mystery theme concerning your Christmas gift, I have no idea what it is. But now I am curious as well. So let us know when you find it.

And don't miss the speedrun contest that is up until 30 January. Scyzara was the first to enter, but currently selfless seems to be leading. I plan to cast my gauntlet into the ring if I find the time... but beware! Reading up on the contest might contain some spoilers for you... so think about it first.

Welcome back my friend :D

I was starting to worry that something happend because I haven't seen you on the forums or steam for a long time and I'm really happy you are back.

TWM got me hooked again and also only recently for a few days, yesterday I made my first succesful trip to the wreckage, the new map is just amazing and really tough. Whenever you feel you need a bigger challenge, begin a new game on Stalker in TWM, I haven't survived there for longer than a week yet because the hut does not keep you warm without proper cloths. Luckily Scyzara, clever girl that she is, shared with me a way around this, so I will try it again.

Don't read if you want to find out yourself how to begin (and survive) a Stalker game in TWM:

[spoil]don't sleep in the hut until you have proper cloths, instead camp in an explorable cave and you won't need to have a fire going on for the whole night[/spoil]

You may also want to check the forum for the New Years Challenge: speedrun to the summit. Beating the times already submitted will keep you glued to your gaming chair for some time.

So, see you later somewhere I hope ;)

@Scy: I'm curious too what christmas gift you were speaking of :D

Denyo, this post really made me smile. I'm so glad that other people are enjoying the little things in this game as much as I am. I've only been playing TLD for about a month, but when the time comes, I plan to take your advice and take a break if I start feeling bored. It seems like it will be a great feeling to come back and experience it all fresh again, like re-reading a favorite book.

Thank you,guys,for such kind and frendly words of yours. :) I really like this community alot,not onl bcoz game is amazing,but for people,like you are.Scyzara,Chill,Majales,Hotzn,Best_Leopard...your kind words only confirms my words. :D

You know,guys...my absence from game changed me and changed m point of wiew on game.I am taking it from completely different point of wiew,like I took it before.TLD for me is not just another game.I play it and I enjoy in it every moment.I absorb ever detail,that it can offer.For me is TLD another school of life.I learn here about life,about awareness...even about myself.

I know you guys like challen ges and are making competitions. :) But for me...I will just enjoy in exploring and discovering game.Taking it slowly. :) It will probably take me a month of real life time to get to new regions yet.Maybe after I will become familiar with maps,I can join some competitions.Who knows. ;)

YAAAAAYYYY!!!! THEY GAVE RETICLE BACK TO BOW AIMING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D:D

Haha...now that is my game now. :D I oredi feel like in good old times. :) Bethany,pls,give Raph biiiiig hug in my name. :D This is really Christmas gift for me,best one since New Year. :)

Now I need to find out,how to get to more arrows.Dang,they are precious more than a gold,on map where currently I live(PV).I guess there is some other way to do arrow heads,as I can see that they cannot be crafted at the table anymore.I oredi made conclusions and assumptions,hehe.Now I am pretty sure I know real purpose of coal and that saw.I think I read long ago,whille I was still playing,that there will be forges in new map.DP map,or how it is called.So,my asumption is,that I wil have to go to that map,find forge,bring up coal,cut metal with saw and forge arrow heads.Will see,if I am right.:) Of course,I need to find the way to that new map,first.:)

I have really so great and interesting time playing game!! :D I love discovering everything again and new things,added to game.Slowly getting my old experiences back and learning new ones strategies and tips.I am currently on day 86 of my second run,since I started playing again.And recently I went to Mysty Falls.I still have some parts of teritory in my mind,so I could find it easy.I assumed that cave there must lead to one of new added maps.But I was wrong.Eh,I said,nevermind.At least I got some new supplies.I decided there to stay for two or three days and just loo arround in near vicinity.I went to that bridge and I noticed,that with snow covered road is leading further,then I remember.Hmmm...or I forgot,how long that road was? Anyway,I decided to follow it for a whille.Weather was sunny,not too much cold.I was walking and enjoying in bird song.

Suddenly,I noticed some contures about 200 m ahead,aside of road.When I was getting closer,I said to myself:" Dang,that are two cars!!" Wow,what are cars doing here? That is something new! Is there another passage to Coastal Highway,or what? I looted them and then proceeded ahead.Soon that road was over and I saw hunter`s blind.I remember that,I know this area,it is old one.I went to check for any supplies and then returned back to cars.Hmmm...those cars must be added for a reason.There must be something else. :?: I looked arround and my attention dragged a tree on top small hill,just behind place,where cars are.On that tree there were hanging Old Man`s Beard Lychen.Ya,ya...from experience I know,that those serves as some kind of indicator of area,which has to be checked.I c limbed up and looked arround.What a wonderfull wiew!! Wait...what is there,ahead? A green shack?? That one wasn`t there before,I swear!! With happyness in my eyes I ran down the slope,towards that green shack.I noticed soon,that there is also kind of wooden toilet beside that shack.I checked arround both,nothing special,just some wood and a stove inside ruined shack.

Then I looked arround and my eyes met stone cliff behind shack.Oh,what is that red line,hanging down?? I got closer.Wow! A rope!! It says" Muntaineer Rope" Ohhh...did I just find the way to new map,to Timber Wolf mauntain?? I must climb the rope to get there?? Wooow,what an discovery!! :D Hmmm...I had to think well.I was without food,very little water and not all basic standard equipement.So,best to get back to Rural Crosroad,make stock of supplies and take standard equipement,then I will come back and investigate a bit,where that rope leads.

So,I came back after few days,made good stock of wood beside stowe in shack and then went hunting that deer near cars.Whille comming back with deer meat,I was oredi thinking,how I will make all night lasting fire and sleep in open air,beside stowe.I made a plan,to cook meat and boil some water,and then i went to pick up some more sticks,which were lying arround shack and that fallen tree behind.I tried to climb that fallen tree,when my eye caought something shocking! Am I dreaming?? I went arround and there it was...another bun ker!!! Wow,wow...that is amazing surprise!! :D:D I love you,game!! :lol: :lol: So,I could change my plan and noo need to sleep in open,in fear of wolf or bear attack. :)

Really,this game is so beautyfull!! I am falling in love with it over again.I enjoy soooo much all my time,spending in game.And I discovered 19% of maps yet! I am so excited,what new discoveries are awaiting me in future! :D:D

Raph,Dave,Beth,jeremy,..and other team members: You really made something beautyfull,which is more than just a game.I think with all your work,you put into this creation,you opened a path to competely new genre of games.You made a game with completely new meaning.This is not just another game.It is place for relaxing mind.It is a school.School of life.It is a place,where we get known much more about ourselves.Where we can learn,what really matters.I cannot express enough praise for you.I am honoured,that i can be a part of audience,to which is given chance to experience your vision,your work.Thank you for this game!!! :D

Archived