"Low torch" notification please

Wasteland Watcher

They've done a good job of keeping a minimal UI and using in-game cues to for indications of these sorts of things. I agree, there should be a better manner of checking duration of a torch rather than opening up the inventory and looking at it there, but rather than a "low torch" notification, I would suggest having this reflected in the output of the torch, decreasing steadily over time, fading quickly at 10% or so and dying out a little after the fire has gone out, but with the possibility of using a new torch or other fuel source to kindle a new flame.

• 2 weeks later...

When you first light a torch there's a "Torch health" bar that shows up in the upper left of the screen, but it fades away and there's no way to get it back. Just having it show up when I press TAB with a torch equipped would be marvelous.

I'd vote for a key binding that could be used to trigger all existing visual indicators that are currently implemented in the game. Just press once for it to show for a few seconds then fade out or set for toggle.

Either way, I add my interest to being able to view torch/lantern duration other than just in inventory and when equipping.

Archived