Can anyone recommend a "FREE" mac screen recording software

As the title suggests, I would like some help finding a free mac screen recording software that will allow me to record games like The Long Dark, but doesn't slow down my mac's performance. I tried Quicktime Player recording, but I end up getting 4 to 8 frames per second.

Do you have an Nvidia card? I'd recommend Shadow play otherwise I dont know if OBS works for MAC but OBS.

The shadow play tool looks good for us PC/Nvidia gamers thanks for the tip.

also ShadowPlay is supported by GTX 650 and higher series desktop graphics cards.

You can probably use OBS which merges mic input nicely. I use PC but its available for Mac. To convert from flv format, the Freemake Video Converter works well and gives you primitive editing. Other editing software doesn't like flv either so converting is often necessary for editing. Let us know how it goes. I am getting slow frame rates using OBS at max resolution. I may have to drop resolution slightly; 720p is probably good enough. Recording has another benefit; after your run you can review things while you have the luxury of time which ticks away at 12:1 in the game. I hate wasting time in game!

• 1 month later...

Archived