Should I Move On...

gapshot11

Not sure where to post this, and it is my first post so hopefully I'm not in the wrong here. Currently I have survived for 35 days in Mystery Lake. I believe I have been to every building and outdoor area, although I have not travelled all the hills.

I am currently stationed in the Camp Office, though I have a stock pile of tools, materials, and some clothes at the Dam.

I finally found a rifle on day 34, in the very last place I looted, the Derailment. I am now set with skins, food, guts, tools etc.

I'm wondering now, should I just keep hanging on here at Mystery lake or should I go to Pleasant Valley? I found the way to PV 3 days ago.

Looking for feedback from the community!

Thanks

I stay as long as I can. One my supplies ( metal, fir, matches) start to dwindle I move on. You can harvest rabbits without tools, and can cook with sticks, but its not the best. So I like to keep a knife and hatchet in working order, as long as I have supplies for that I'm good. I do keep a light source handy as getting to some places you have to traverse the caves.

Nothing stopping you coming back if you feel like it. I move on quickly from one place to the next because I find the travel enjoyable. I would suggest creating a second base camp in Carter Hydro Dam before you head into Ravine. it'll make journeys back easier.

Depending on the route you want to take between the two you might also want to have a stopover prepared at the logging trailers. My style is based on making as many places comfortable as possible rather than focusing just on one area. So get some water, wood and matches stashed in minor places, and cloth/sewing kits/canned food/meds at major interiors.

Not sure where to post this, and it is my first post so hopefully I'm not in the wrong here. Currently I have survived for 35 days in Mystery Lake. I believe I have been to every building and outdoor area, although I have not travelled all the hills.

I am currently stationed in the Camp Office, though I have a stock pile of tools, materials, and some clothes at the Dam.

I finally found a rifle on day 34, in the very last place I looted, the Derailment. I am now set with skins, food, guts, tools etc.

I'm wondering now, should I just keep hanging on here at Mystery lake or should I go to Pleasant Valley? I found the way to PV 3 days ago.

Thanks

I would suggest making an emergency stash point in pv somewhere easily accessible as I did the same traversing from coastal highway to mystery lake. I put a small stash of food and basic supplies in the entrance of hydro Dam and the camp office both generally can be reached with ease as I slowly made a transition from ch to ml. I'm not a big fan of pv ever since I died in a blizzard after about 180 days there. Place has death written all over it Lol

Thanks

I would suggest making an emergency stash point in pv somewhere easily accessible as I did the same traversing from coastal highway to mystery lake. I put a small stash of food and basic supplies in the entrance of hydro Dam and the camp office both generally can be reached with ease as I slowly made a transition from ch to ml. I'm not a big fan of pv ever since I died in a blizzard after about 180 days there. Place has death written all over it Lol

I'd say go ahead and make the move, but don't do it all. PV has a good amount of stuff to be found within it and thus moving it all is not necessary. Items don't despawn, at least I think they don't, so a place to fall back on if things get rough is a good idea. I'd say pack your essentials and then grab some extras in case of unforeseen circumstances. I know I've been stuck in a tight spot while moving around before.

I suggest you just visit Coastal Highway long enough to unlock the map and then start a fresh game to explore it. It would be a shame to move all your stuff and then get kilt by a bar or wolf because you hadn't mastered the territory first.

My favourite location to play is Desolation Point.

Moving on will add more variety to your game play and challenge you with fresh problems. Explore first is a very important step.

Archived