An Archery Target!! for practice & mid game activity!

cowboymrh

I live in a small town in southern Oregon where hunting in the fall is a big deal with many residents.

There have been many times I've seen Archery Targets set up in the back yard for folks to practice with their bow and arrow.

I'm sure it wouldn't be unusual to see this in a lot of British Columbia rural back yards as well.

I'm thinking perhaps..... Coastal Highway community, somewhere behind the gas station, that a house has an archery target set up in back yard!

or maybe at the homestead on PV .... or both.

An archery target would be great for helping new players to hone their bow and arrow skills, as well as adding some much needed "fun" activity to the game for all players!.

It would be nice if your arrows didn't degrade while using the archery target.

+1 for this suggestion. Learning how to use the bow properly definitely takes enough time and effort (more than 10 real life hours for me) to justify the introduction of a target that doesn't let your arrows degrade if you hit it. Currently most people use the savegame exploit to have unlimited arrows for practicing anyway. An archery target would thus only make the learning process a little less tiresome and more fun.

• 1 month later...
I live in a small town in southern Oregon where hunting in the fall is a big deal with many residents.

There have been many times I've seen Archery Targets set up in the back yard for folks to practice with their bow and arrow.

I'm sure it wouldn't be unusual to see this in a lot of British Columbia rural back yards as well.

I'm thinking perhaps..... Coastal Highway community, somewhere behind the gas station, that a house has an archery target set up in back yard!

or maybe at the homestead on PV .... or both.

An archery target would be great for helping new players to hone their bow and arrow skills, as well as adding some much needed "fun" activity to the game for all players!.

It would be nice if your arrows didn't degrade while using the archery target.

I'd like a shooting gallery mode. I'd like them to create a tiny valley with trees, bears, deer, wolves, and rabbits. You could toggle through different weather conditions and aggressive/passive behavior in animals. You could practice with bow or rifle, and would never run out of ammo.

On the aggressive mode your character could die but it would reload after a second or two.

It would be a tiny slice of the game with unlimited ammo and a fast load-on-death feature.

definitiv +1
just use the rock faces :)

http://postimg.org/image/8dfbi68qv/

Rock faces don't move. Animals do. At this time practicing using weapons requires save scumming (or you run out of or erode the effectiveness of your ammunition).

soz, yes a new target would be awesome, my point was why do arrows go into rock? yes i know this game is in alpha. Either way I hope all are sorted / fixed for the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, there actually is an archery target in Pleasant Valley! It's by the Pleasant Valley Outbuildings. If you go to the red barn, and go slightly to the left side of it, there is an archery stand set up. It's actually really cool because when I explored by there on my last run, I found it for the first time, and I found 2 non-broken arrows on it, with one broken one on the ground! Pretty dang cool. It's a good spot too because, as far as I know, no wolves or bears path right outside of the barn! Happy practicing!

Thanks Hinterlands for considering my idea for an archery target and incorporating it into the game.

All any avid gamer can ever hope for from a gaming company, is that they listen to their customers and are open to ideas that may improve the overall gaming experience of the majority of those customers.

You folks at Hinterlands prove once again that you are a cut above the rest! Thanks :)

Archived